Ch 668: Waking Up

A jeep rushed through the desert at high-speed dust flying behind it. The person who was behind the wheel was a Fallen.

Mostima's face looked around as she shifted gears. The person that was sitting shotgun needed to hold on to dear life not to be thrown out.

Normally, Fiammetta would be shouting at Mostima by now with how reckless her driving was. However, she stayed silent throughout the ride.

None of them spoke a word even once, focused on getting to their destination.

The normally loud and annoying Sankta said nothing as she kept her eyes ahead.

After all, Fiammetta was the reason why the blue-haired Fallen was acting like that. So she wasn't surprised at the cold shoulder treatment that she was receiving now.

The man that was regarded as the most important living thing to the angel was now in between life and death. That was the reason for how desperate Mostima was right now.

As they zoomed through the desert, a large body could be seen from afar.

It looked like a miniature nomadic city.

A Landship.

The base of Rhodes Island.

The place where that man was being treated at the moment.

At the sight of it, Mostima stomped her foot on the gas.

As they were nearing it, Fiammetta felt something was amiss.

The air around them felt... electrified. The smell of ozone filled her nostrils.

Just when she was about to tell her driver about this, it happened.

Out of nowhere, a beam of light blasted from the Landship into the sky.

It was sudden, it made Mostima stop the vehicle and looked at the pillar of light in front of them.

Even when they were a good distance between them, the light from it made their eyes sore just by staring at it.

Just when they tried to comprehend what was going on, the pillar of light disappeared. What followed was the sound of explosion and fire coming from the Landship.

"Wha—"

"Ye!"

Before Fiammetta could say anything, Mostima shouted a name and stomped onto the gas at full force.

The Jeep was pushed to its limit as it was blitzed through the sand.

The engine might be broken forever but Mostima did not care.

He was there.

That was the only thing that mattered. She was so set on her destination, the two of them did not notice the sky was getting dark with clouds suddenly appearing and covering the sun.

A second before all of that, in a medical bay, the people in that room stared at what was in front of them in shock.

On the only bed in the room, Skadi was leaning in and kissing the body of Lin Ye. When they saw Skadi pulling out her sword, they thought the worst and believed she was about to kill Lin Ye.

Seeing her kissing him instead left them speechless.

Before anyone could even say something at all of this, a sound echoed in the room.

A beep could be heard from the monitor in the medical room. This made multiple eyes look at it and back to where it was connected.

Or rather, who.