Ch 559: Monster Of A Brother

Near the coast of Chang'an, the Place of Chang'an was located.

If Lin Ye were to see the palace, he would say that it resembled a Chinese Palace.

The palace was composed of many buildings. It had enormous areas surrounded by walls and moats. It contained large halls for ceremonies and official business, as well as smaller buildings, temples, towers, residences, galleries, courtyards, gardens, and outbuildings.

The biggest building in the area was the main palace, where royalty would usually stay. The building was about 30 stories high with many floors in it.

At the highest level of the palace, on a balcony, a figure could be seen sitting and reading a book there.

Ying Jie had nothing better to do now, so at least he should read something to pass the time. He was reading a biography of the first emperor of Yan. The book retold the life of that legendary man. The man that made Yan. Even the Gods lowered their heads in front of him.

Just when he was enjoying the book, Ying Jie heard someone knocking on his door. He irritably slapped the book on the table. He glared at the door.

"Who is it?" In an annoyed tone, he asked.

"Your Royal Highness," His assistant voice echoed behind the door, "I have important news."

"Come in." He looked away from the door and glanced at the sea.

Hearing this order, the butler opened the door and walked toward the prince. When he was behind the prince, he did a slight bow.

Ying Jie didn't turn his head back and asked, "What's the matter? Talk."

"As you wish. The Prince Prince asked if the engagement ceremony was properly prepared or not?" The man said, "Although His Royal Highness would not be attending this, he still want-."

"It's none of his business." Ying Jie interrupted him and said, "This is something that Father gave me."

"... I am afraid you cannot do that," The man lowered his head, "The First Prince got permission from His Majesty to ask you this. It also acts as a report for His Majesty."

"..." Ying Jie narrowed his eyes at this. After much time, he growled a reply, "I see what I can do."

Ying Jie really did not like his situation now. With the news of the Third Prince being alive and now The First Prince being noisy, he was struggling now.

He was more annoyed at the idea of the former than the latter. Ying Jie hired a group of mercenaries of Kylins to kill Ying Zhen. They were all able to use Lei Fa. Against the group of people that were with Ying Zhen, the mercenaries would kill all of them.

However, the monster survived.

This can only mean that either he overestimated the Kylins, or he underestimated the group that follows Ying Zhen.

"Your Royal Highness?" The assistant called, "I have another thing to tell you. Wei Yanwu from Lungmen has news."

"Oh?" Yingjie finally listened. He snorted coldly, "Tell me."

"It is about the person who resembled Ying Zhen," The man reported, "He has amnesia."

"Amnesia? Who would believe such a stupid thing?" Ying Jie glanced at the housekeeper and said, "Ying Zhen must be lying to Wei Yanwu."

The assistant's eyes widened, "You mean."

"My moronic brother, he was afraid of me since he was a child. Every time I see him, he would hide from me like an ostrich," Ying Jie said lightly, "When he was a child, he would tremble with fright just by hearing my name. Now he knew I was going to kill him if I know he survive. So he left the country. In order to survive, he should keep away from anything related to the country of Yan, so he pretended to have amnesia in front of Wei Yanwu."