Ch 627: Damsel In Distress

The red-haired woman took Lin Ye and Nian to a different dessert shop. It didn't mean that they left the food that they ordered though. He paid for them and brought them with them to the new store that was in an alley of all places.

Although Lin Ye wasn't sure why the waitress gave him her number, he still took it with a confused smile and thank you, Causing the waitress to go red as a tomato, though Lin Ye didn't know why, he didn't bother to think about it now, however it did earn him a glare from Nian.

Did he do something wrong?

He didn't have time to think about it further as they were led to a dessert store set up in an alleyway. Although this was quite an odd place to open a store, the people in the store didn't seem to mind it. They just ordered their dessert and carried on with their day.

Lateran's really did love their dessert stores.

The mysterious person entered the store without a word. Lin ye sighed and ushered Nian, who was slowly savouring her sundae, into the store.

Lin Ye spotted the woman sitting at a table far in the corner of the room. Seeing this, Lin Ye and Nian approached her.

Together, they sat on the opposite side of the table and placed their food on it.

The atmosphere around them suddenly turned tense as Lin Ye stared at the red-haired Liberi. Just as Lin ye was about to begin the conversation, a loud bang interrupted him. Both the woman and he looked to the side to see Nian who slammed her palm onto the table. Lin Ye also noticed that the sundae that they had ordered was now gone.

Nian gazed into his eyes with a smile.

"Gege!" She cried enthusiastically, "Do you have more of that chocolate with you?! I want more! More!" She shook his sleeve a bit with enthusiasm.

Lin Ye fell silent for a moment before a quiet laugh slipped through his lips.

"Yeah, I have some more," He replied. Lin Ye raised his hand, "Order here!"

A waiter came to the table and, like before, Lin Ye gave a chocolate bar and asked them to make a sundae out of it. Although confused, the Sankta nodded and went to give the chocolate to the confectioner.

while this was all happening. The new girl stared at everything Lin Ye was doing and thought everything about this man was... strange.

It wasn't like he was outlandish or out of place. He looked and acted like a normal person.

That was what made him so strange. Although he went and did what anyone would do when talking to people, something about him made anyone that he talked to feel calm. At ease.

Safe.

Even the waiter seemed to be enjoying his company with him although he was just taking his order.

After sending the waiter away, Lin Ye looked back at the flame-haired girl. He smiled and quietly laughed at what just happened.

"Sorry about that," He smiled, "Nian has a monstrous appetite."

"Hey!" Nian sounded offended as she glared and pouted at him, "I'm just hungry, that's all!"

Lin ye laughed loudly, earning him a light punch on his shoulder from Nian. This didn't stop him from laughing further though. Even Nian also laughed alongside him.

"You seemed to be enjoying yourself." The girl stated as she stared at them, "Is this a vacation to you?"

Lin Ye and Nian stared at the girl as if they just noticed her presence. Being caught, Lin Ye coughed into his fist to get more serious now.