Ch 658: Storm

A hand landed on the head of a white devil, making her turn away from the window and face who did it.

Liz was not surprised to see it was one of the few people that she considered family who did it.

"What is the matter, Liz? Are you not feeling well now? You have been staring off into the distance for a while now."

Liz finally came back to her senses when she heard Margaret asking her this.

"It's nothing Margaret," Liz smiled at her roommate, giving her a reassuring smile, "I was just... looking at the scenery."

Although she tried, Liz failed to make Margaret take the bait.

The knight had been by the Medic's side for as long as she remembered. No matter whether her memories were gone or not, Liz still shared some common behaviour with her old self.

One was, she would always try to look away when she tried to lie.

Something that she was doing at the moment.

That and she was staring at the window for about half an hour now. She knew that Liz liked the outside but staring out at the desert for this long was not something she would do without a good reason.

But she must have had a good reason to not tell her as well.

Coming to that conclusion, the former radiant knight came up with an idea. Pulling her hand away from Liz's head, Nearl went deeper into the room. Liz followed her figure and saw her coming back with a chair in her hand.

The defender placed her next to hers and sat on it.

"You must be tired," Margaret said, "We did get a lot more missing now. So I can understand if you want a break. Just tell me and I will inform the Doctor to lessen our missions."

"No, it's not that. And please don't do that." Liz shook her head at her, "I don't want to trouble him any more than I already have."

After Lin Ye was given the position of Doctor, Liz knew he got busier now. Although he tried his best, Lin Ye was not able to do his daily visit to the medical department. And Liz had a hunch that he was giving more missions that were around the world for her.

Even Shining and Margaret agree.

Although Liz did not have proof, It was just something that he would do.

She was able to see more of what this world could offer other than suffering and Terra did not disappoint.

Even when she was not his responsibility anymore, Lin Ye was still looking out for her.

She wanted to help him in a way. If she was not able to carry the weight on his shoulder, at the very least Liz wouldn't add more.

"Are you really fine?" Nearl asked again to make sure.

"..."

Rather than answering, Liz looked back at where she was just staring at. The Landship was now in a desert so there was nothing to look at other than sand but that was not what she was looking at.

The direction her gaze was now on was where Laterano was.

She did not know why but Liz felt a sudden burst of pain in her chest and her body just moved on its own, staring in this very direction.

Before she could understand what was happening, the pain was gone as fast as it arrived. However, its effect still lingered on her.

Her heart was beating furiously.