Ch 567: How I "Die"?

"About twenty years ago, one week before Your Highness was born, one of the trusted monks in Yan prophesied that the child that was about to be born would be a person who would change the world," Old Hu said as he pointed at Lin Ye, "And that person is you, Your Highness."

Lin Ye drummed on the sofa armrest as he took in what he was wearing now. This was something that people would hear in fantasy settings. A child born to change the world. Based on how the story of Ying Zhen was going, the prince was in that category of people.

In a way, Lin Ye was just like him. The only difference was that Ying Zhen was born for this while Lin Ye, he was the prince substitute.

He looked back at Old Man Hu and nodded at him, telling him to continue.

"His Majesty, who already had the First Prince and the Second Prince at that time, was thrilled after hearing this news, and immediately gave you the name Zhen," Old Man Hu said, "Treasure, at the time that was what you were considered by His Majesty."

Lin Ye was about to ask him something but was cut off by Grani, excitingly asking something first.

"What do you mean change the world?!" Grani could barely contain her excitement as she asked this. Who could she not? All of this sounded like something that came out from one of the fantasy novels that she liked to read, "Was the prince-Ow?!"

Before she could finish, Warfarin knocked on Grani's head. Grani held her head as she looked at Warfarin, who was glaring holes at her.

"Don't interrupt him!" She said to her, "If you just had waited a bit longer, you would get your answer! So stay quiet and listened carefully."

"Okay..." Grani drawled out as she looked down.

Lin Ye hummed and looked back to Old Man Hu, "Please, caring on."

"As you wish," Old Man Hu bowed his head as he said this.

Lin Ye cringed at this. He really needed to get used to being treated like this. Like it or not, this would be something common that he would face, with him being royalty now.

"Her Majesty, your mother died the day you were born. She was the second wife of the emperor," Lin Ye hummed. Zhen's mother? "With that being the case, the emperor's love for you grew. It was up to where he loved you more than your other siblings."

"Let me guess," Lin Ye huffed, "That did not last long, no?"

"As expected of you, Your Highness," Nodding to his answer, Old Man Hu praised Lin Ye.

It was an easy guess, though. With how Lin Ye woke up in the middle of nowhere and not in a palace, it was a high chance Zhen was not treated very well by his family before Lin Ye came and replaced him.

So his question. What happened?

"This happened because of how your body did not change," Old Man Hu gave him his answer with Lin Ye asking, "Normally at the age of 10, characteristics of dragons that the royal family was known for would appear. However..."

"For me, nothing change," Lin Ye continued. He tapped Nian's head as he was thinking, "The same goes for Ying Li. That's why she is being treated poorly by them."

Leizi nodded solemnly at this, "You're correct, Your Highness."

"I have something to ask," Warfarin pulled the room's attention as she held out her hand, "Was all of this related to the first emperor of Yan being a pure human?"

Warfarin's words made Old Man Hu show a surprised expression, "You-You. How did you-."

Old Man Hu realized what he was doing and stopped mid-sentence. However, he was too late. His reaction confirmed Warfarin's suspicion.