Ch 636: Weren't You About To Leave?

Lin Ye had to admit that he was not the best at bargaining for partnerships with people. The reason why Yan and Kjerag were willing to work alongside Rhodes Island was all because of luck and some entity that enjoyed torturing Lin Ye at every given moment.

However!

Even he knew that what Nian just said to the man was not something that you would say to someone you were looking to cooperate with. Saying that the man would soon die was not what he expected her to say.

So forgive him when his eyes almost popped out of their sockets as he stared in shock at his little sister.

He was no genius negotiator but saying that was definitely not the smart thing to do.

Although he was shocked, Lin Ye was also intrigued by what she just said. Even if Nian liked to act like an idiot, she was the farthest thing from one.

She must have a reason for saying this. That, or she just wanted to annoy the man.

He hated how he was leaning into the latter.

The best he could do now was pray to any deity who would be willing to help him. Luckily, he was in a church, so maybe the Lateran God would help him out?

If not, Messiah would be the only god that he would love in this world after this.

The elderly Sankta's face morphed from confusion to anger when he heard Nian explain herself.

Lin Ye couldn't blame him though.

This came to no one's surprise since that would be the normal reaction when someone told you that you were about to die soon.

"Child," His voice was deeper now, "Do you know who you are talking to?"

Sure enough, this man was not amused at what Nian told him just now.

Sadly for him, Nian was not impressed by his attempt to intimate her. In fact, she looked annoyed.

"Of course I do," Nian stared at him blankly, "And please don't call me a child. No matter how old you think you are, you are but an infant compared to me."

This took the man by surprise. He knew that some races age differently, so the chance of what she was telling him being true was high. However, he was a veteran Legatus and he quickly recovered.

He glanced at the boss of this person, Lin Ye, the famous Doctor of Rhodes Island.

"I think we should end this meeting," He sternly told him, "Maybe when you are ready to talk and have a better company with you, we will be able to make some headway in our discussions."

With that, the Sankta faced his back toward the two and walked away.

Seeing that the other party was not in the right state of mind, Lin Ye thought that it would be better to cancel today's meeting. But, he still needed to get some good results, even though he understood where the person was coming from.

Just as Lin Ye was about to call him to try to negotiate a compromise, Nian's irritated voice echoed out once again.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

This is not good.

Before Lin Ye could react, Nian spoke again, her voice full of disdain, "Your body is in such a dire state, and yet you just ignore it? I know you're a child but at least take care of yourself, though it is unfortunately no medicine in Laterano that can help you with your condition."

After hearing her words, Kieran, who was planning to leave, stopped again and turned to look at her.

"What are you even talking about? What do you mean?" Kieran said in a deep voice as he faced them, "Are you trying to pretend to be smart by pointing out my "disease", and then explaining that only Rhode Island can cure it? This is not something new to me so please try better if you want to trick me."