Ch 652: Any Questions?

"Ah."

Lin Ye groaned as he let his back slowly melt into the sofa that he was sitting on. With his official Doctor clothing turned into ashes, he decided he should wear more normal clothing after this. He was a bit glad that he let Mostima borrow his jacket. If not, it might share the same fate as his other clothing in the bathroom.

May they rest in peace.

Who knows, maybe the devil would find them in hell and use it for themselves. Based on how modern people imagine the devil being, Lin Ye likes to think they would like the colour black.

Pushing aside that random thought to the side, for now, he thought about what he had to deal with for the past few days in the so-called paradise city.

From his experience here, Lin Ye should be allowed to think their title was not on brand for him.

After the attack from their lovely Sarkaz visitor, almost all of Laterano's police force surrounded the building. That was not surprising because the once tall and amazing hotel building now had a large hole in its side. The police filled the hall.

Seeing that Lin Ye was one of the main witnesses of this incident he was brought to the police department for questioning.

You may ask, Lin Ye, why are you the only one that is being questioned?

Whom Lily and Nian were, they needed to get away from the place as soon as possible in the hope of not causing a rift between Yan and Laterano.

It did not mean that they liked that, Nian almost finished W's job and would bring the whole building down if not for Lin Ye calming her down.

That left the operators of Rhodes Island to deal with all of this mess.

And seeing that Lin Ye was their boss, he had to deal with most of that.

That was the second time he was being interrogated by the national police in this world.

And based on his luck, Lin Ye knew this was just the tip of the iceberg. He cursed himself for having the shittest luck known to man.

After dealing with the police for two days, telling them all that he knew that had happened that day, Lin Ye was finally able to rest. Seeing that the hotel was undergoing repair, he was given a fully paid stay at a hotel just across the street from the Revelation Hotel. It was their way to apologize for the trouble.

He appreciated that from them.

Lily was also given a stay so all was well.

Although, he sadly needed to throw away the idea of being able to have a relaxing bath after all of that.

He asked the royal guards and his operator if they found any track of W. Sadly, they found none.

Truly, that woman was harder to find than a cockroach on a track.

The only way that she was able to escape was to literally jump from the hole that was on the fifteenth floor.

She was also almost as hard to kill.

To say the groups were disappointed in themselves was like saying the sky was blue. Just by looking at them, they blame themselves for not being able to protect him.

Especially Blaze. She was entrusted as an Elite Operator to protect the current Doctor. She almost failed horribly.

The group thought the Doctor would be upset with all of this. Who wouldn't when they were attacked when they were trying to take a simple bath out of all things?