121

return
worry free bookstore
Table of contents
Home » Wuyou Bookstore » Romance Novel
🌙 Night Mode Small Medium Large
Chapter 121

At this time, Cui You was busy wrapping up the battle to appease the place. Ling Budo couldn't wait to return with the army, so he returned to the capital with the Wan Cheng family two days ahead of schedule.  On the way, Shaoshang got into the carriage and humbly asked her stubborn brother.

"Why is it that every time I mention the Lou family, Master Ling always has a nose instead of a nose or an eye? In fact, I haven't said a word for the Lou family, and I have only seen him once after Lou Yao got married!"

"What's so strange about this." Cheng Shao Gong raised his eyelids without interest.

"Because heaven knows you know I know Ling Budoubt, he knows even more, if there is no His Majesty, there is no He family, and there are no other ties, put him and Lou Yao on the food table, which one will you choose to talk about.  "

Shaoshang was silent, and after a while, he struggled again: "This is not entirely true. In fact, I like Lord Ling very much now."

Cheng Shaogong yawned: "You should tell him this, maybe he will let it go."

Back in the capital, the rest went back to their respective homes—including Wan Songbai, who originally wanted to file a grievance but now the focus was no longer on himself, Ling Budo and Shaoshang went to see the emperor separately.  The emperor was calling several Confucian scholars to inquire about the manuscript collection. Seeing the solemn expression on the adopted son's face, he planned to withdraw everyone in the hall, but Ling Budo stopped Yuan Shen.

"I'm afraid Yuan Shizhong will have to help me in this matter." Ling Budo said.

Yuan Shen's expression froze, and he bowed.

At this time, the emperor had already detained Huang Wen, but no matter how he interrogated him, Huang Wen only said that a junior brother whom he trusted very much told him Wan Songbai's 'crime', and at this time that junior brother had disappeared.  However, in the emperor's mind, this matter only stopped at the level of 'the vassal officials were repeatedly stabbed, and there must be hidden feelings under them'. It was not until after listening to the detailed statement of the adopted son and the step-by-step deduction that he knew what happened in the Tongniu County case.  It is an unimaginable wave of turbulence, bursts of murderous intent.

"Lord Ling's words are very true, and the deductions are also closely linked, but..." Yuan Shen suddenly interjected, "There is still no iron evidence to directly prove what Lou Ben did. If there is only this circumstantial evidence, it is said that Lou Ben only met privately.  Yan Zhong, but it has nothing to do with the secret collusion between Yan Zhong and Ma Rong, and it is not a bad idea." - Lou Ben was neat and did not leave any direct clues.

Ling Budo replied, "Yuan Shizhong is right. This minister does not dare to be an expert, for fear of wronging Lou Ziwei. So far, he has never revealed anything to others. Now the minister only asks Your Majesty if he wants to continue the investigation."

Yuan Shen was silent, he knew that Ling Budo's words implied that "as long as he investigates, he will definitely find evidence. If the emperor wants to make peace with the mud, then this matter will end here."

The emperor's face was ashen, and his posture was as if the ink stains on the snow-white silk had solidified.  He thought of Yan Zhong's stubborn but eager face, of the honest and loyal appearance of Mr. Lou for decades, and of the queen and the prince-they did nothing wrong, but they were destined to be implicated.

After a long time, the emperor said solemnly: "The law of heaven is clear, and justice is self-sufficient. Check it out, and find out what it is!"

Ling Budo bowed to take orders, and then fixedly looked at Yuan Shen.  Yuan Shen knew that there was no way to hide, so he also faced each other dignifiedly.