142

return
worry free bookstore
Table of contents
Home » Wuyou Bookstore » Romance Novel
🌙 Night Mode Small Medium Large
Chapter 142

On the fifth day after Huo Busu went to the border, the post-abolition matters were put on the agenda.

There was a strange tranquility in the courtroom. All the important officials kept silent about this matter. Only the scripture masters in Taichung said a few words for the queen, 'virtuous, gentle, no fault', etc., but they were against Xuan's mother and son.  There are also children who can read in the family.  Those sutra teachers tended to elicit a sneer and a more vehement rebuttal.

When Cheng Yong came back to see the younger sister on the sickbed, Shao Shang couldn't help but ask, "Isn't there a courtier who died and gave advice for the queen?"

Cheng Yong said: "I'll be your majesty's courtier first, then the queen. If you go against your majesty for the queen's sake, is it the way to be a minister?"

"After being abolished for no reason, the reason is not in harmony."

"There's a reason, the edict said that the queen was jealous."

Seeing the dejected appearance of the younger sister, Cheng Yong said softly, "For the army, for the tax, for any kind of government, the ministers may fight for each other, but for a mother who has not met a few times, they will not.  . Twist, brother Wei tells you, unless it is like Empress Lu who has shared weal and woe, or is rooted in the same way as Lord Huo Ping, the courtiers argue with the king over whether to abolish the queen, mostly because Xiangzhuang dances his sword with the intention of Duke Pei—  —In short, it will never be for the queen herself.”

Shaoshang stopped talking.

The days of recuperation were calm and uninteresting. Mrs. Sang didn't talk to Shaoshang about the past, but only dragged her to play chess and tunes.  Mrs. Xiao wanted Mrs. Sang to persuade her daughter more, but Mrs. Sang said, "Yiyou understands everything in her heart, but her heart is stubborn, so you can turn it around when you can say it. Sis, don't worry, let the curling up slow down, after two years  Seeing everything."

However, on the night before the departure, Mrs. Sang specially helped the young merchant to the corridor: "You are much better than me. When I was young, the world was in chaos, and there were many disasters. The little sister who joked about drinking yesterday heard that a few days later, the whole family was attacked by bandits.  Thief; last month, I met a handkerchief for viewing flowers, and this month I ran away without knowing where to go... I know you have grievances in your heart, but you go out and have a look. Look at this starry sky, this world, there are so many things in this world that are not easy.  You and I are already lucky people."

Shaoshang propped up on the porch, watching the lush and fragrant courtyard, breathing the vibrant spring air, he had made a decision in his heart, and he continued to exercise every day thereafter.

Because of the chaos in the imperial court after the abolition, Yuan Shen no longer had the time to come four times a day, but he still came every day; for some reason, Yuan Shen was extremely silent this time, often sitting across a screen with Shao Shang for a long time.  , and then went back quietly.

On the third day after Sang's departure, the imperial edicts for the abolition of the queen and the edicts for the establishment of the new ones were promulgated one day after the other. Unsurprisingly, the emperor forbade the ministers to celebrate the new empress. At the same time, he also favored the placement of the abolished queen.  .

First of all, the rest of the princes were appointed as kings, and the second prince was the king of Huai'an, and then the deposed queen was changed to be the queen dowager of Huai'an, who moved to the Yong'an Palace in the northeast of the North Palace to continue to enjoy the title of the queen, and used it in order to call the queen dowager of Huai'an.  Du Kuanshu, also demarcated an extra county for the second prince's fief to support the empress dowager.