165

return
worry free bookstore
Table of contents
Home » Wuyou Bookstore » Romance Novel
🌙 Night Mode Small Medium Large
Chapter 165

That day, I made it clear with Yuan Shen, and Shaoshang wrote back to the Cheng Mansion on the same day, asking Father Cheng to quietly withdraw the parents from the Yuan family. In the letter, Shaoshang sincerely apologized to both parents.  No peace.

Mrs. Xiao's reply was neat and tidy: It doesn't matter, you are now the only marriageable girl in the family who is missing.  Cheng Cha is already married, and Cheng Mi has long been assigned to Bailu Mountain. The youngest daughter born to Yin Shu'e is still learning to walk. In short, the Cheng family will have no worries about marrying a daughter for more than ten years. Daughter, you can continue to work.

Shaoshang read the reply letter, full of apology, secretly determined that this is the last time he has caused trouble for the family.

The Empress Dowager Xuan asked her if she would regret it in the future. She sat in front of the couch, thought about it, and replied, "I always wanted to be independent from home when I was young, to be on my own, and to be free from the constraints of my parents. So, I first looked forward to Loulou.  Yao took me out, and later hoped that someone else would marry me and let me do my own thing. But now I think about it, why do I have to rely on others? Thanks to the goddess, I now have a lot of money and silk, and I also have a bodyguard.  , Your Majesty will not pick up on the way of governance of the society and crops. If that's the case, why don't I go to the end of the world by myself and be happy."

Empress Dowager Xuan looked at the girl's indifferent confident face and sighed indistinctly.

"So, Niangniang hastened to take care of her body so that she can play outside with me. If Niangniang is always so sick, I can go by myself." Shaoshang smiled harmoniously.

"Whether I can go outside with you or not, you have to take care of yourself." Empress Dowager Xuan stretched out her thin and withered hand and patted the girl - in fact, both of them knew that this day was impossible.  .

I don’t know the age in the mountains, and the time in the palace is slow. Shao Shang came to help the Empress Dowager Xuan. There was no wind and no waves for several days. If the Empress Dowager Xuan’s body was not getting weaker and weaker, half a dozen doctors gathered in Yong’an Palace and hurried around.  A sense of leisure was born.

Unexpectedly, this morning, the second prince rushed over sweating profusely, pulling the young merchant and shouting in a low voice, "Something has happened, something has happened to the Yuan family!"

Shaoshang's heart tightened: "What's wrong?"

"Have you heard of Uncle Weng Jun, the great general who conquered Shu?"

Shao Shang Qiang laughed: "King Huai'an is joking, the concubine is not so ignorant. General Weng is one of the earliest heroes of Conglong. Over the years, he has made great contributions to His Majesty. It's a pity that God is jealous of talents.  General Weng was stabbed to death; at that time, His Majesty was crying like something, and he personally wore filial piety and went to Weng's house to pay homage."

The second prince wiped his sweat and said, "Do you know who assassinated Uncle Weng Jun?"

"Naturally it was the tyrant king of Shu, Gongsun. He was afraid of the momentum of the imperial army, so he resorted to such rude tricks. Later, he also assassinated the successor General Wu. Fortunately, he was prepared."

"Everyone knows that it is the envoy of the Gongsun clan. What am I asking about the assassin?" The second emperor lowered his voice.

Shaoshang was startled: "Who?"