159

return
worry free bookstore
Table of contents
Home » Wuyou Bookstore » Romance Novel
🌙 Night Mode Small Medium Large
Chapter 159

At the end of the discussion, the emperor announced his retirement from the dynasty with a displeased expression on his face. At the same time, he summoned four or five confidants to the North Palace to discuss again. He wanted to ask Huo Buzhu to go too, but when he saw the prince's face as black as the bottom of a pot, he sent an envoy to his adopted son.  winked.  In fact, Huo Budo didn't want to go anywhere. He wanted to go back to the mansion quickly to deal with Luo Jitong, but since he was caught by his adoptive father by accident, he had to go back to the East Palace with the prince.

"What a nonsense and audacious!" The prince tore off his crown and fell heavily on the table, and a few bright pearls tumbled to the ground.

In the apse of the East Palace, there are three or four people sitting on the left and right sides of the conference hall. They are either courtiers in red and black court uniforms, or advisers in wide-sleeved robes.  Hearing that the prince was angry at this time, they all agreed.

"His Royal Highness said yes!" One person raised his hand and raised his hand, and said loudly, "The imperial court issued an order to control the fields, in order to check the fields and population of the states, counties and counties, so as to facilitate the control of tax revenue in the future.  As the court's government, it is a matter of course for the court to check the population of the land, but someone dares to question it!"

Another person echoed loudly: "Yes! Decades of war and war have brought disaster to the world, and now the world has finally been clarified. However, the land population recorded in the previous dynasty is very different from today's. If there is no inventory, how can we govern the country!"

A sharp-eyed young man sneered: "You haven't mentioned the point yet! There is no owner of the land, and the reason why the order to save the land was boycotted is that some people are afraid that the imperial court will restrict them from annexing the land and raising slaves!  When all the population and land belong to the powerful and powerful family, where will the court collect taxes, and who will it find to serve as corvée?! By then, will the world still be the world of the court!"

"Shaocheng is careful!" The second concubine, who was sitting in the first seat at the bottom right of the crown prince, said softly, "Don't be alarmist, where did you get to this point. It's not right for you to spread this word out."

The prince was about to compliment, but his second brother-in-law stopped him, and said, "Zisheng, what do you say?"

Huo Budo sat in the first seat at the bottom left of the prince, smiled and said, "Everyone is right."

"I definitely can't agree with the words of the prince-in-law. At this time, the world has been decided, and there should be no merger of fields and population. It can be seen that those powerful and powerful families..." Shaocheng said loudly.

"Please listen to me." A middle-aged scribe interrupted, "If the words of the two talented people are put in today's great court meeting, they will both be criticized. Or it is said that the prince-in-law family has many generations of ministers, and the people and fields they depend on are all over the place.  It is difficult to measure, so it is an understatement; or it is said that Shaocheng’s family is poor and is waiting for the wealthy family to spit out the land to take it for themselves.”

Shaocheng was angry: "Nonsense!"

The second concubine said, "What do you think, Zisheng?"

Huo Budo looked at the sky outside: "It's all reasonable."