167

return
worry free bookstore
Table of contents
Home » Wuyou Bookstore » Romance Novel
🌙 Night Mode Small Medium Large
Chapter 167

The Empress Dowager Xuan put on her clothes and stood up, resting her forehead with one hand, and said weakly, "Zhai, is Shirou still there? Alas, it seems that I can't wake up when I fall asleep. Don't act like this, help me up quickly...  …”

Zhai Li tightly closed her lips, and helped the Empress Dowager Xuan to the window, pointing at the figure under the opposite porch with dissatisfaction: "Well, I haven't left yet, and I don't know if the soup has dried up... Hey, isn't that Shaoshang, why is she?  hiding in a corner..."

The inner courtyard of Yong'an Palace is concave-shaped, with the main hall and main residence facing south at the bottom. However, the Empress Dowager Xuan just moved to a better-ventilated east inner bedroom to live in. She was facing the window and saw Huo Bu under the opposite corridor.  Doubt, and at the same time, I saw the girl huddled behind the corner, looking at the young man in front of the medicine stove with tears in her eyes, shy away.

Standing in front of the window, the refreshing and warm wind softly hit her face with the vibrant scent of flowers and plants unique to spring, the Empress Dowager Xuan smiled: "Young businessman has grown up, she has taken too many detours, find her own way.  There are a lot of sins here... Well, there are also my 'credits' in them. Some things, I just don't think clearly, she is so impatient, it's better to take it slowly. Zhai, bring me the feather bag  Put it on, the spring is so good today, I want to go out for a walk... uh..."

Before she could finish her sentence, she fell down softly. Zhai Li was shocked and screamed in horror. The shrill cry resounded in the inner court, and the young man and girl on the opposite side heard the sound and rushed over together.

……

The sensational case of 'Yuan Pei covering up the assassin' finally came to an end.

Yuan Pei received the same punishment as Uncle Lou Yao, dismissed from his post and fined him, and reverted to his home and thought about it behind closed doors, but the difference was that before Yuan Pei left, the father and son were summoned by the emperor at the same time.

After seeing the emperor, the emperor first scolded Yuan Pei for being confused and having no rules of the court, so he should be punished heavily; then his tone changed, and the emperor expressed his understanding of Yuan Pei's affection for his righteous brother, if Huo Chong was also deceived by others.  Something was wrong - although his wise and courageous brother could never be like this, he would also have a hard time deciding.

Yuan Pei kept kowtow, expressing his remorse.

Yuan Shen: You have already said it all the time, so what else do others say?

In fact, Yuan Pei didn't want to take Huo Buxuan's credit, but after listening to his son Yuan Shen's persuasion, 'If it is true, the Yuan family's crime is small, and maybe Huo Buxuan will be charged with 'bullying the king'.  Just pressed down.

In front of the emperor, Yuan Pei tried to open his mouth several times to tell the truth, but the emperor kept the topic off topic, so Yuan Shen vaguely suspected that the emperor actually knew everything.

The remaining Yuan's children who resigned basically stayed in their original positions, but Yuan Shen insisted on leaving the Shangshutai, saying that he would go back to the scriptures and study again, in order to clarify the principle of doing things for others, and to serve his father better in the future.

The most difficult thing is the handling of the fifth percent - he was indeed deceived, but he did assassinate Uncle Weng Jun, and Uncle Weng was shot and killed because of him.  If you let him go, the Weng family will not be able to get through, and if you kill him, it would be a pity.