7

Colby's POV

"Can you explain to me again what happened?" I asked as we walked to the car so we could go to the office.

"Tommy and I were doing our run when someone jumped us. It seemed targeted. Someone knows what you're up to." Mitch explained as I started the car.

"I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary." I said simply as focused on my surroundings.

"So you didn't go to Seattle?" Mitch asked as I raised my brows.

"It doesn't concern you." I said as Sam chuckled. "Relax, man." He said and nudged my shoulder.

Sam was always the only person who could get away with talking to me like that.

He was my best friend and has been for 10 years. When I fell onto bad times I tried to break away from him.

I didn't want him to get involved in what I was doing but he wouldn't let me drop him.

We got caught up in some scary shit together, but we ended up on top.

I was technically first in command in the gang, since I had overturned the last leader, but Sam was my second hand man.

He wouldn't let me do stupid shit when I got too emotional, but I wouldn't let him do stupid shit because he was cocky.

We were a good team.

When we got to the office I parked in the garage and got out.

We had a storefront that was an auto body shop so that it wouldn't come off as suspicious but underneath it was our headquarters.

It was the safest place to be in LA. Nobody knew about it and I was determined to keep it that way.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Brock himself." Nate said with a grin as I squinted at him.

"You act like I wasn't here a couple days ago." I said blandly as we walked down the hall and towards my office.

"I thought you were out of town for a little longer though." He said as I nodded. "Something came up." I said then put the code in to unlock my door.

I sat down at the desk and typed something into my computer, focusing on it intensely.

"What did the guy look like?" I asked Mitch, keeping my eyes on the screen. "Tall, green eyes, a rotting apple tattoo on his forearm." Mitch explained as I looked at my screen.

"Tony's gang. Fucking weak asses. What do they want with us?" I asked and looked up at the guys.

"Maybe they know about Julia." Sam said as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Who's Julia?" Mitch asked as I shook my head.

"Nobody." I said then looked at Sam. "I don't think that's it." I said with a sigh.

"What happened when you were in Seattle?" Nate asked as I leaned back in my chair. "Met with Steve. He said things have been hectic up there." I said and thought about what Louis said yesterday.

"According to Louis, Alexander Quill is involved." I said as Nate nodded.

"He's a big name to be throwing around." He said and rubbed his chin with thought. "Exactly. There's a banquet up there that I think we may need to attend. See if we can run into him." I said and looked at Sam.

"If he's involved why would we want to run into him? Wouldn't that be super dangerous?" Sam asked with worry.

"I'm lost." Nate said and folded his hands on the desk.

"There's something called the secret society up there. They're an anonymous group who run the city. They're basically the us of Seattle, unless Alexander Quill is a part of it." I said and ruffled my hair.