104

Colby's POV

"Goddamn it." I grumbled and went down the hallway. I knew Julia was going through something that was really intense but I didn't appreciate her acting like a child.

I didn't want her thinking she could talk to me like she was but I didn't want to scare her. She's been through a lot so I assumed she would be lashing out a lot.

It was true anyways, that this was my fault.

I didn't like that she was using it against me but I couldn't exactly blame her. It was an easy way to make me feel guilty.

"Why aren't you with Julia?" Sam asked as I rolled my eyes. "She had a hissy fit and spilled her soup all over herself." I said and held up the towel I had grabbed.

"She's not taking this very well is she?" Sam asked as I shook my head.

"Not at all." I said then turned to go back to the infirmary.

When I opened the door, Julia was standing in front of the cabinet with a pill bottle in her hand.

"Juliana!" I yelled causing her to turn around. Her eyes were full of joy as pills poked out of her mouth from how many were in there.

I clenched my jaw then rushed over to her, grabbing her by her neck and pinning her against the wall.

"Spit them out NOW." I growled as fear filled her once joyful eyes. "NOW. Right fucking now." I demanded and held my free hand out in front of her mouth.

Julia shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. I knew she would struggle but this was really fucking intense for her.

"Juliana. NOW!" I screamed and jolted her, causing her to open her mouth. She must have had at least twenty pills in her mouth because my palm was filled with the slobbery pills by the time her mouth was empty.

"You can't fucking do that." I said then let go of her and snatched the empty pill bottle.

It was Vicodin.

Great.

"I need them." She whispered with so much need it broke my heart.

She genuinely thought she needed these pills.

"It's all in your head, Jules. Your brain needs them but you don't." I explained with a little more of a gentle tone.

I didn't want to scare her but I needed to get my point across that she couldn't hurt herself like this.

She looked at me for a second before she burst into tears.

"I-I-I'm s-sorry!" She choked out as I sighed and hugged her. "I just care about you and don't want you going further down this path." I said and rubbed her back.

She was weak from what had happened to her so she collapsed, sobbing into me.

"Shhh...just don't do that shit. You can't do that." I said then picked her up and carried her to the bed.

"I just...I..I need it." She sobbed out. I felt anger boil inside of me but it wasn't towards Julia. It was towards those fucking idiots that took her.

They made her life even worse than it was before. She had been through so much in her life and addiction was the last thing she needed.

Once she was sitting again I put the pills that were in my hand and put them in the empty bottle.

I noted that I needed to have someone be with her at all times, even if it's only for a minute.

"Please don't hate me." Julia whispered with a broken tone.

"I could never hate you, sweetheart. Why would you think that?" I asked and texted Sam so he could come dispose of these pills.