30

I didn't see Colby at all for the next week.

I knew he warned me that this would happen and that he wasn't avoiding me but it honestly felt like that.

Most days I spent completely alone, locked in my room. I understood it was for safety reasons but I was getting really fucking lonely.

I had read every book that was up in this room and reorganized a couple of things.

"Jules?" Sam asked as he knocked on the door. "Hmm?" I hummed, looking up at it. "Hey." He said and walked in.

"Everything okay?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah. I just thought you'd be bored. Did you want to maybe come to dinner with Katrina and I?" He asked as I sighed.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to." I said as he nodded. "If I'm with you, you'll be okay." He said with a reassuring smile.

"Has..ugh..has Colby been okay?" I asked as he shrugged. "He's been busy. Haven't talked to him much myself." He said as I nodded.

"Really?" I asked as he nodded. "He gets like this sometimes. Don't worry about it. Get ready, Kat is gonna be home soon." He said with a small smile then left the room.

I sighed and stood up, going into the closet so I could get ready.

I decided on a long sleeve cropped sweatshirt and some plain black leggings since I didn't want anyone to see the cut I had on my arm.

It had been a week and it was healing nicely but it still looked jagged and like someone literally sliced me with a knife.

I didn't want that kind of attention.

Once I was dressed I left the room and made my way downstairs.

"Well look who it is." Corey said as I nodded. "Yeah." I said and picked at my nails. "How've you been?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Lonely." I said simply as Sam and Kat came into the room. "Ready?" Sam asked as I nodded. "Where are you going?" Corey asked as Kat linked her arm through mine.

"Dinner." Sam said with a grin. "Jules is allowed to go?" Corey asked as Sam shrugged. "I don't see why not." He said as my eyes widened.

"You didn't clear it with Colby?" I asked and looked at him with shock.

"It's dinner, Julia. I can handle anyone that may be watching. Don't worry about it. You need to get out of the house." He said then pulled his keys out.

"I'm not involved in this." Corey said and held his hands in the air. "That's fine." Sam said then led the way out of the house.

"Come on." Kat said and pulled me with her. "Maybe this isn't a good idea." I mumbled as we walked out to the car.

"Don't worry about it." Sam said then got in the car. I nodded and slid in the back seat so Katrina could sit up front.

I was honestly not feeling great about going out in public since I pissed off an entire gang.

I know my interaction with Tony probably didn't ruffle his feathers too much. In fact he seemed pretty pleased with the idea of him knowing who I am.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Kat asked as Sam drove us to the restaurant. "Nothing." I mumbled and looked out the window.

"Ugh. Everyone is so stressed. We need to go on a vacation or something." Kat said and looked over at Sam.

"Can't we do that?" She asked and pouted her lip out.

"I don't think it's a good idea. You can talk to Colby about it though." Sam said with a laugh and looked over at Kat.

"He's mean. Julia, you talk to him." She said and looked back at me. "I'd have to see him to talk to him." I mumbled.