120

Colby and I spent the next couple days at the cabin, trying to relax.

We explored Portland a little bit but it after the events that happened at the gas station I didn't feel super comfortable.

It was nice to have some time alone with Colby though. There was a looming cloud over our heads with the banquet being tonight.

It felt like we were trying to push down the inevitable and I didn't like that.

"Ready to go?" Colby asked as I zipped my bag up. "No, not really." I mumbled and looked up at him.

"I know, but we're gonna be okay." He said then came over and put his hands on my upper arms.

"We'll be okay." I said with false confidence. "Atta girl. Let's get out of here." He said then turned to lead the way out of the cabin.

"I brought the dress from your birthday party. I like that one on you." Colby said as I smiled.

"I like that one, too." I said then got in the car. "If you want a new one for this, we can get one on the way." Colby said as I shook my head.

"That's not necessary." I said with a laugh and leaned my head back. It wasn't going to be too long of a drive but it was long enough for me to want to sleep.

I had a hard time sleeping the past couple of days not only because of the anxiety that was surrounding me about this banquet, but because of the shootout we had at the gas station.

I realized that this was my life now and that these things would happen from time to time but it didn't mean I wasn't going to be traumatized by it.

We drove for a while before Colby got a phone call from Sam.

"Hey, man. Are you on your way?" Colby asked as Sam chuckled. "We're in Seattle already, brother." Sam said as Colby nodded. "Did you stay there last night?" He asked and drummed the steering wheel with his fingers.

"Yeah, we're all here. Decided we needed to be well rested for tonight." Sam said as Colby nodded.

"We're twenty minutes out. When we get to the hotel I want to have a meeting in my room. No mistakes tonight." Colby said with a serious tone.

"I'll let everyone know. Just text when you get here." Sam said with just as serious of a tone.

It was crazy how quickly they could switch up. One moment they were having playful banter like brothers, the next they would be so serious that it was almost scary.

"Will do. See you then." Colby said then hung up. "So, what's the plan for tonight?" I asked as he reached over and took my hand.

"We'll talk about it later." He said causing me to sigh.

I wanted to pry but it felt useless since I knew he wouldn't tell me anything until we were with everyone.

Colby and I drove for twenty more minutes before we got to the hotel that we were staying at.

It was a nice looking hotel but wasn't too extravagant. It was perfect for being discreet.

When Colby parked the car we got out and got our bags so we could get checked in.

Of course Colby had the penthouse suite because he always had to be the most extra but I wasn't complaining.

It was fun to be fancy sometimes.

"This is nice." I said as we walked into the room. "Yeah, I thought you would want a view of the city." Colby said and put our bags down.

"Ya know, I lived so close to Seattle and never really got to see the beauty of it that often." I said and looked out the window.