96

I opened my eyes, trembling slightly. I couldn't comprehend what was going on because I was so numb.

All I could tell was I was somewhere cold and dark.

"H-hello?" I mumbled, my mouth dry. "H-help." I whispered, realizing my hands were bound behind my back.

I felt my heart rate picking up, knowing I was probably in a lot of danger.

Part of me hoped that this was someone for Colby's gang. Someone who would slip up and Colby would find me quickly.

I needed him to find me quickly.

I don't know how long I sat in the silence before a door was opening and heavy boots came clammering down the stairs.

"Ah, you're awake." A deep and gravely voice said as a man came into view.

I didn't recognize him at all, which only made my fear multiply.

"W-wh-" I started but was interrupted by the man putting a single finger over my lips. "I didn't give you permission to speak." He said with a sinister smile.

"Be a good little girl and listen to me, then we won't have any problems." The man said as I looked at him with hazy eyes.

I wanted to scream at him and tell him to let me go, but I was so weak from whatever drug I had ingested.

"Open your mouth." He said coldly. I stared at him, keeping my jaw clenched tightly.

"You'll learn eventually." He said with a sigh then pulled a knife out and started cutting my cheek.

I gasped from the pain then quickly opened my mouth, wanting him to stop.

"There you go. See? That wasn't so hard." The man said with a sickening smile.

I felt him throw a pill into my mouth then forced my jaw closed.

I choked down the pill as my eyes watered. "Nighty night, sweetheart." He said then turned and went up the stairs again.

There was so much pain in my chest as hysteria reared it's ugly head.

I needed to get out of this situation and fast.

When I looked around the room though, I got no indication as to where I was. It looked like I was almost in an underground bunker, since it was made of stone.

Nobody would hear me scream even if I tried to.

There were no windows, only four walls and a staircase. At least that's all I could see since it was nearly pitch black.

I heaved out a breath, feeling my chest caving in as fear filled it. I knew it would be a while if not forever before I was found or killed.

It's not that I didn't have faith in Colby, it was the fact that whoever took me knew he would be looking.

They put me somewhere he would never find me.

"No no no.." I mumbled and pulled at the restraints, feeling like my heart was going to explode.

I needed to get out of here.

I gasped and tried to stand up, realizing I was tied to a chair.

"Calm down, Jules. Calm down. You're okay. It's okay." I said to myself, even though I knew I was lying.

I wasn't okay and I wouldn't be okay until I was safe with Colby.

Safe with Colby.

The man who took me the first time. The one who stole my heart in the process.