124

Colby's POV

The guys and I sat in the conference room for what felt like an eternity. I stared at the door, waiting for even the littlest update.

"I guess no updates is a good thing."Corey said, breaking the silence. "And how the fuck is that?" I grumbled, looking up at him.

"Because that means she's still alive." He said as Sam chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." He said then looked at me. "I still can't believe you did that." Sam said as I looked over at him.

"Did what?" I asked blandly. "Gee, I don't know." Sam said sarcastically. "Killed Quill? He's not the only one on my list." I grumbled, keeping my eyes on the door.

"Is that what your plan is? Kill people for no reason?" Sam asked. "No. There's always a reason." I said and twisted my rings.

"Can we know who you're killing? I hope it's not us." Jake said as I chuckled. "It's not you guys. I want to kill Julia's mom." I said simply.

"You can't do that, Colby." Sam said as I rolled my eyes. "She deserves it, too." I said and crossed my arms.

"You already killed those kids' father. You can't make them orphans because you're mad." Sam said causing me to groan.

"They won't be orphans. They'll have Julia." I said causing Nate to sigh. "If she wakes up." Corey said quietly.

"When she wakes up." I correctly blandly.

"I don't think this is a good time but..you realize if she wakes up she can't have any pain pills, right?" Nate asked awkwardly.

"Fuck." I whispered and scrubbed my face with my hands. "Yeah." Nate said and looked down.

"Let's focus on her surviving first." Sam said as the door opened.

"Mr. Brock." Jeremy said and nudged his head for me to follow him.

"Is she okay?" I asked and stood up, walking towards him.

"She survived the surgery but it's just the beginning." Jeremy said as I nodded. "She can't take any pain meds." I explained causing him to look over.

"What do you mean?" He asked as we walked down the hallway. "There was a situation that got her addicted to pain pills. That's why Quill wanted to kill me." I explained.

"That makes this so much more challenging. We might need to break her sobriety for this." Jeremy said with a sigh.

"We'll see." I said quietly. It broke my heart that Julia was going to either struggle with the pain of being shot, or struggle with the addiction she fought so hard to shake.

She didn't deserve any of this.

When we got to the infirmary, Jeremy led the way to a little room.

Julia was laying in the bed with a tube down her throat. She was sickeningly pale and her eyes were closed.

"Ah, Jules." I mumbled and walked over to her, taking her hand. She was cold to the touch which broke my heart.

"Mr. Brock, this is Dr. Platt." Jeremy said and gestured to the doctor next to him. "Nice to meet you." I mumbled, then looked at Julia again.

"Nice to meet you." Dr. Platt said then sighed. "So. I assume you want to know about Juliana." He said and looked at Julia.

"She suffered some pretty serious damages from the bullet. She lost about fourty percent of her blood which we have replenished through transfusions." He explained.

"Her lungs are very weak so we have her in a comatose state. If she wakes up from it we will have to start doing breathing treatments and physical therapy." He said as I looked up at him.