70

The next week was challenging. I was in a lot of pain from my injury but the drugs Colby got me worked really well.

I kinda hated that I had to be high so somewhat live life but it was just a part of recovering.

I didn't see Colby much. He was busy taking on the jobs that he lost people for. I think he was also looking for our new house, though he never talked about it.

I was sitting in the room alone since the girls were out. I was working on another painting so I was fairly zoned out.

Since I was given an art kit I was really able to experiment with the different mediums to draw with.

Right now I was using charcoal to do a self portrait. It was of me but there was duct tape covering my mouth and love in my eyes.

It was an interpretation of my current situation, in love but held captive.

"Jules." Colby said as he nudged me. "Huh?" I asked and looked up at him.

"Welcome back." He said with a laugh. "What?" I asked with confusion. "I called your name like four times." He said then looked at the drawing I was doing.

"You like it?" I asked as he pursed his lips. "Beautiful girl. I don't like the tape on her mouth though." He said with a sigh. "It's just art." I said with a small smile and reached up to put my hand on his cheek.

"Why are you stopping me from doing art?" I asked and put my pencil away. "We're going to the new house." He said and started grabbing my stuff.

"You got it?!" I asked with excitement. I was getting claustrophobic sitting in this same room all day every day.

"Yep. I haven't even seen it myself so it'll be a fun little adventure for us." He said as I frowned. "You haven't seen it?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Nope. Sam went to get the papers for me to sign. Katrina went to do the inspections with the realtor. I've been working." He said then handed me my crutches.

"Sounds like you have too much money on your hands if you're buying a house without seeing it." I said as he chuckled.

"We're well off." He said as I stood up. "Ready to go?" Colby asked. "Yeah, super ready." I said then groaned as I stood up.

"You hurting?" He asked and slung my bag over his shoulder. "Yeah. Didn't want to be high today." I said and started crutching out of the room.

"I guess it's good you're not dependent on them. I hate seeing you in pain though." Colby said as we made our way to the elevator.

"I'll live." I said  and closed my eyes as he summoned the elevator.

When we got up to the garage there was a huge supply truck. "What's that for?" I asked as Colby chuckled.

"That's our ride." He said as I blinked slowly. "I know I accused you of shipping me off somewhere but this is kinda literal." I said as Sam got out of the drivers seat of the truck.

He was wearing a uniform and ball cap. "It's the safest way to get us to the house safely." He said as I looked down at my casted leg.

"Let's break my other leg while we free ball it in the back of a delivery truck." I said causing Sam to laugh.

"You're annoying sometimes, ya know that?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "No, I'm realistic." I said as Colby opened the back of the truck.

"Whatever, up you go." Colby said then lifted me up and carefully sat me in the back of the truck. Once I was sitting he hopped into the truck and leaned his back against the side, spreading his legs and pulled me into him.