103

Everything felt so fuzzy. I could hardly understand what was going on.

I knew that I was with Colby and that he had found me but I couldn't interact with him.

I couldn't feel my hands and feet and I couldn't swallow. I could hardly even breathe.

I noticed Colby left the room and my heart sunk. Why would he leave me? I needed him. He couldn't leave me.

Nate started doing something that would take away the swimmy feeling in my brain.

Part of me wanted to fight him off, since I didn't want to lose this feeling.

Everything was great when I was lost in this fog.

I found myself zoning out again before something intense was stinging my nose. It hurt so fucking bad that I thought I was going to explode.

I thought I was going to die.

The stinging intensified, filling my whole head. That was when I started to feel my hands and feet again.

My head was pounding and my heart was racing. I needed another pill. I needed to go back to where I was.

I must have made a noise or something because Colby's head perked up.

"Jules?" Colby asked as I slowly blinked. My high was fading which meant my heart was starting to race.

"You're okay, sweetheart. I'm here. I've got you." He said and wrapped his arms around me.

My mind was going a million miles a minute. Where the fuck was I? How did I get here?

How long was I here?

"You're safe. I promise." Colby said then brought his hand to my cheek.

I flinched back at how hot his hand was. It felt like hot coals on my skin.

"It's okay, baby. I promise I won't hurt you." He said calmly as I opened my mouth.

I wanted him to give another pill. I wanted to feel numb again since reality seemed so much scarier.

"Do you want some water?" Colby asked gently as I stared at him.

My brain was so frazzled from reality sinking back in that I felt like I was going to cry. I wanted to go back to my safe little land where I couldn't feel anything.

This was all too much.

"I know this is a lot. I'm here with you though.
I promise I'm not going anywhere." Colby said and brought a cup to my face, putting a straw in my mouth.

I felt my whole body starting to tremble as I drank the cold water. I must have been fucking dehydrated as fuck because I chugged the whole thing.

"Can you try to talk for me?" Colby asked and took my hand, gently rubbing my forearm with his hand.

"W-where..." I choked out, my voice not even sounding like my own. "We're at the office, sweetheart. In the infirmary." He said and brushed my hair back.

"Can you tell me if you're in any pain?" He asked as I nodded, opening my mouth again.

Surely if I was in pain he would give me a pill, right?

"Let me get Nate in here. We'll see what he can do. Okay? Just stay here." He said then kissed my head.

I frowned as he stood up, leaving the room.

Since I was in the infirmary that meant there had to be pills in here. Something that could help me through this.

I tried to get out of bed, but I was hooked up to something. "N-no." I mumbled and brought my shaking hand to the tube in my arm.