87

Colby's POV

My heart ached for Julia. She had been through so much in life and it seemed like right when she got comfortable her world would flip.

I felt guilty.

I was the reason she found out about her dad. If I wasn't stupid and sloppy this would have never happened.

I wouldn't have met Julia.

The love of my life. Someone that started off being a pain in my ass, but turned out to be the most complex but beautiful soul.

What happened was meant to happen. I was meant to take her to LA. I was meant to fall in love with her and I was meant to show her how special and amazing she was.

I would never let her feel inferior again.

"Babe." Julia slurred as she laid on the grass. She was absolutely wasted which was her goal. I was going to give her tonight to forget about the mess that was her life.

Tomorrow we would go back to LA and life would get crazy again.

I would have to work ten times harder and hide Julia ten times more.

I was scared word would get out about who's daughter she was and people would target her even more.

"Yes?" I asked as she giggled. "Is it public sex time?" She asked as I breathed a laugh. "It's not a great idea, babe. We can go back to the hotel though." I said as she sat up apparently too fast.

"Ohhhhh the trees are spinnnnnning." Julia slurred. "I've got you, sweetheart." I said then scooped her into my arms.

"My prince." She said with a giggle. "Yeah, always." I said and grabbed our stuff and started going towards the car.

"I feel numb." Julia said as I got her in the car, buckling her seatbelt for her.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked as she nodded. "It's all I want to feel." She said quietly.

"Just for tonight." I said then closed the door. I didn't want her to rely on substances to get through her pain.

Tonight was the only time I would allow it.

By the time we got to the hotel, Julia was passed out. I got her out of the car and carried her inside and into the elevator.

"Hmm." She hummed and hid her face in my chest. "Shhh, go to sleep." I whispered as the doors opened.

When I got her to the room I carefully got her undressed, then put one of my shirts on her.

"I'll be right back, baby." I whispered then kissed her forehead before leaving the room.

I made my way down the hallway and to Sam and Kat's room.

"Hey?" Sam asked as he scratched the back of his head while he opened the door.

"Hey, uh..can I talk to you and Kat?" I asked as he nodded.

"Of course. What's going on?" He asked and took a step to the side so I could walk into the room.

"Coming to apologize for ripping us away from the ball?" Kat asked and crossed her arm.

"Katrina as much as I would love to apologize, I'm not sorry at all." I said then squinted at her.

"I didn't tell her anything." Sam said as Kat's brow scrunched. "What's going on?" She asked and sat up.

"Alexander Quill is Julia's dad. That's why we left. That's not what I'm here to talk about though." I said and sat on the bed.