65

I ran down the hallway of the office, my leg burning with pain.

There was screaming all around me, but I couldn't figure out where they were coming from.

"Help us!!!" Sam screamed with so much pain and fear I knew I needed to find them.

I ran in what felt like slow motion. "HELP!" Katrina screamed as the others yelled even louder.

"Where are you?!" I cried out, checking every room.

It felt like the hallway was miles long with no end in sight.

"JULIA!" Colby screamed causing my heart to break. "THEY'RE COMING!" He exclaimed, causing me to look around.

"COLBY!" I sobbed out as he suddenly appeared and ran towards me. "We have to go. They're coming." He said then took my hand and started running.

"Colby, my leg!" I gasped feeling the pain shoot through my whole body.

"We have to go, baby. We have to go!" Colby yelled and pulled me along.

We ran for only a minute before a group of men showed up at the end of the hallway.

"It's time to die, Brock."  One of them said and held up a gun.

"NO!!" I screamed as he shot Colby right in the heart, causing him to collapse, blood pouring out of his mouth.

"NO!! COLBY!!" I cried out falling to the ground. "It's okay, Julia. It's okay." He choked out. I shook my head, screaming as loud as I could, trying to get the heartbreak to leave my chest.

"Julia." I heard someone say as I sobbed, choking on the tears as they burned my chest. "Julia!" The same voice yelled as I pulled Colby's body into my arms.

"You're next." The guy that shot Colby said then held the gun up and shot me.

I bolted up, holding my chest as my heart raced. My sudden movement caused Colby to wake up, groaning slightly.

"What's going on?" He asked as I closed my eyes, trying to get my barings back.

"Nightmare." I mumbled as he sat up, rubbing my back. "Wanna talk about it?" He asked quietly.

"I want you to tell me why they were after you." I said and kept my eyes down. "Right now?" He asked as I looked up at him.

"I need to know." I said quietly. "Okay. Are you okay? After your nightmare, I mean." He said and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"It wasn't any scarier than reality is right now." I said blandly. "Right." He said then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down so I could cuddle with him again.

"They were in the gang." He said causing my heart to stop. "They were trying to overthrow me." He explained, slowly rubbing my back.

"Ya know it's ironic you were dressed up as an angel..because you saved my life." He said as I looked up at him.

I was trying to comprehend what he was saying.

If his gang members were the ones to try and kill him...what did this mean now?

"I know you're probably thinking, what does this mean now?" Colby said with a sigh.

"And the answer is..well..there isn't really a good answer." He said then kissed my head.

"I can promise you though that I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you safe." He said with a defeated tone, as if he was disappointed in himself.