72

Colby's POV

Julia and I spent the night together, watching movies and just hanging out. We ended up getting ice cream and it was actually a really good time.

I woke up early the next day because I had to get to the office. It was going to be a long day and I seriously wasn't looking forward to it.

"Babe?" Julia mumbled, reaching for the empty spot in the bed.

"I have to go." I whispered and walked over to her side of the bed. "Will you be back later?" She asked and cracked her eyes open.

"Not until tonight, sweetheart. The girls are here and will hang out with you though." I said and crouched down so I could kiss her.

"Okay." She whispered then yawned. "Please be careful going down the stairs." I said as she nodded. "Yes, sir." She said then cuddled into the blankets again.

"Bye, sweetheart." I said then turned and left. I didn't particularly want to go to the office today because I knew I would have to be on and intimidating all day.

I used to be like that all time. Someone with a stick up my ass constantly. When I met Julia I felt that wall slowly coming down.

There was something about the fear in Julia's eyes that sobered me up.

It took a while for her to really break my wall down but once it was broken I didn't want to see her scared anymore.

It was good for me. It made me feel more human than I felt before.

I had become so numb, working constantly and keeping myself as aggressive as possible.

Now I was able relax and be a human being around Jules. I could be soft and I felt comfortable being soft around her.

However, it was dangerous for me now.

I would have to limit it to when we were alone. It might piss Julia off from time to time for me to yell at her when we're around the guys, but it was necessary.

I had to be on my best game now.

The whole drive to the office I thought about what could be in the box sent by Alexander Quill.

It surely had to do with the missing gem search. I still hadn't confirmed or denied being involved in that, but now that Tony was gone I should confirm it.

Once I had my gang in line again we would start the search for him.

It was a project that I felt I was being forced to partake in anyways.

When I got to the office I put on my hard persona then went downstairs.

"Good morning, Colby." Nate said as I nodded. "Morning. Sam here?" I asked as he nodded. "His office. The box is in your office." He explained as I nodded.

"Great. Thanks." I said then went to my office so I could grab the box and go to Sam's office.

"Hey, man." I said and walked into the room. "Hey." He said with a yawn. "Did you sleep here?" I asked and sat across from him.

"Yeah. Didn't feel like going to the house for a couple hours." He said and rubbed his eyes.

"Hopefully after today things will slow down for us. You're not working at all tomorrow." I said as he nodded.

"I'm gonna sleep all night and wake up and take Katrina out. How was your day with Julia?" He asked as I set the box on his desk.

"It was fine. Poor girl can't do much and she spends a lot of time being high off percs. She hates it." I said with a sigh.