58

Colby's POV

I felt bad for leaving Julia alone for the day but I was in some hot water.

I couldn't stay with her until I got things taken care of.

"Who do you think it was?" Sam asked as we walked down the hallway and towards the elevator.

"No fucking clue." I said with a sigh.

Sam and I were on a job when a couple guys came out of the shadows and attacked us.

Luckily we were able to get out of there with only a couple minor injuries.

I didn't recognize them as part of Tony's gang but it didn't mean that they weren't a part of it.

Sam and I have been working all week on getting Tony taken care of.

If we wanted to work with Alexander Quill then Tony needed to be out of the way.

I needed to be fully invested in something so big and Tony was a gnat that would only get in my way.

"Where are we going now?" Sam asked as we got in the car. "Staking out." I explained and started driving.

"And then what?" Sam asked as I shrugged. "We're just watching him for now so we can get his routine, then when he's vulnerable we strike."I said and drove.

"Are you sure we want to open that can of worms?" He asked and looked over at me.

"It's either him or Julia and it's not gonna be her." I said lowly. "Nuff said." Sam said with a nod.

"I also just wanna torture the son of a bitch. He's been around too damn long." I said then pulled up to the spot where we would be looking out for Tony.

It was supposedly where his "office" was so that's where we would start.

"Yeah, he's always been annoying, but recently it's been so much worse." Sam said with a laugh. "He thinks he can overrun us for some reason." I said and looked over at him.

"He's a fucking idiot. That's for sure." Sam said and leaned his head back.

We spent the next five or six ours just watching as people went in and out of the building.

I was glad that I was doing this job with Sam because we were able to just catch up and talk like we used to do.

"So I basically don't know what I'm doing." I said with a sigh. "What do you mean?" Sam asked and looked over at me. "How do you like...have a girlfriend?" I mumbled.

"Well...when a man and a woman love-" Sam started causing me to laugh.

"Fuck off, bro!" I said and leaned my head back. "No, for real though. It's hard when you're in this business because you need to be away from her. You need to keep people at bay because when you get distracted, that's when it gets dangerous." Sam said with a sigh.

"So when you have the chance to be with her, make her your top priority. Take her out and try to make it as normal as possible. Kat loves when I take her on dates because she rarely gets to see me." Sam said as I nodded.

"I have my schedule cleared tomorrow. I have to meet with the owner of the house we're renting for the party but maybe I can take Jules with me for that." I explained as he nodded.

"Yeah, that would be a good idea. Just spend all day with her. One day of full attention goes a long way." Sam said with a grin.

"Just happy you found a girl. Kinda fucked you had to kidnap her to get her but.." Sam said with a laugh.

"Didn't mean to fall in love with her. Believe me when I say that." I said then sighed.

"This is fucking boring. Let's go home." I said then started the car. "Yeah, we got enough info for the day." Sam said with a nod.