48

We ended up laying on the floor for a while, so I could calm down from my seizure. We eventually did get up and brought our pizza to bed with us.

"Are you feeling okay?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Yeah. Sorry." I said as he shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. You need to take your meds though." He said and grabbed a slice of pizza.

"I know. I wasn't good at it before nearly getting murdered every day either." I said and took a bite of pizza.

"You didn't get nearly murdered today." Colby hummed and looked over at me. "No, but you did." I said with a shrug.

"No, I was totally fine like I always am." He said with a laugh.

"Right. I wanted to kill you when you didn't come back before sunset." I said blandly.

"It really isn't that deep, Julia. Calm down about it. I don't understand why you care so much. You hate me." He said and raised his brows at me.

"No, I don't. If anything you hate me." I said and avoided looking at him. "I don't." Colby said quietly then brought his hand to my chin, pulling my face up.

He looked into my eyes for a second before he leaned forwards and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

When he pulled away he let his fingers brush against my cheek gently.

"You're really special, Jules." He whispered then looked into my eyes. "I'm sorry I brought you into this." He said with sincerity.

"It's okay." I whispered, although I didn't know if I meant that.

I wasn't okay with the initial kidnapping, or the guns or the violence or his occasional cocky attitude.

I was okay that I got to meet him though.

"What are we doing?" I asked and looked up into his eyes. "What do you mean?" He asked and kept his eyes focused on my lips.

"This." I whispered and gestured between us. If I could show him the tension I was feeling, I would.

"We're having fun, sweetheart." He said then kissed me one more time before pulling away completely.

I didn't know exactly what that meant but I wasn't mad about it. If Colby wanted to kiss me and be nice to me and call it fun, that was fine by me.

We ended up talking and eating for a while before we ended up cuddling.

I was so exhausted from my seizure that I drifted off easily, listening to the sound of his heartbeat in his chest.

When I woke up the bed was empty, in fact, the whole hotel room was empty.

I frowned, feeling disappointed that I wasn't able to see Colby before he left.

I got out of bed then went towards the bathroom so I could get ready.

I was still feeling really foggy and drowsy from my seizure but sleeping helped a lot.

When I got out of the bathroom Colby was standing in the kitchen.

"Where'd you go?" I asked and walked up to him. "Went to get these." Colby said then held up my pill bottle.

"Oh. Thanks." I said and took it, taking the pill. "Good." He said with a small smile. "Now, onto the bad news." He said causing me to frown.

"Oh, no." I said brought my hand to my mouth, rolling my bottom lip between my fingers.

"I just won't be around much. We've got a lot of work to do." Colby said and put his hands on my upper arms.

"Next week, myself, Sam, Jake, and Corey will be going out of town for business. You and the girls will stay at the office." He said as I scrunched my brow.