24

The next couple of days were rough. Colby was ignoring me whenever we weren't training.

When we were training he was ruthless. I thought I was going to break something with how hard he was throwing me around.

"Get up." Colby said harshly as I wiped the blood off the corner of my mouth. "I get it. I fucked up. Please let up." I begged and struggled to stand.

"No. You need to realize that if I go soft then you get hurt." He said then tightened the gloves on his hands.

"Funny how you're not soft right now and you're hurting me." I said as he clenched his jaw. "Again." He said harshly then charged at me.

I tried to fight him off but was so weak he picked me up and threw me against the wall again.

"Jesus, dude. Do you have to be so aggressive?" Sam asked as he walked into the room. "Yep. What do you want?" He asked as I struggled to breathe.

"Uh..Seth needs to talk to you." Sam said and looked at me wearily. "Keep training with her." Colby said then pushed passed Sam.

"What the hell did you do?" Sam asked and crouched down to my level.

"Had a nightmare the other day and talked back to him. He hit me and I thought that was the end but-" I started but was interrupted by him.

"He hit you?" He asked with wide eyes as I nodded. "Yeah. Smacked me across the face." I said as he groaned.

"What an asshole. I thought he was getting better." Sam said with a sigh. "He said I got too comfortable." I said as he helped me stand.

"Ah!" I gasped as a sharp pain filled my side. "Woah." Sam said and kept me steady. "I think he broke a rib or two." I said and put my hand on my rib cage.

"Jesus Christ. Over a nightmare?" Sam asked as I nodded. "Unless you know something I don't." I said and sat down in a chair.

"We need to keep training. He'll get mad." I said causing Sam to roll his eyes.

"If he wants you to go to the banquet tomorrow then he should be having you rest. You can hardly walk." He said and handed me my water.

"I'm just sore. Hopefully it'll be okay." I said as Colby came back into the room.

"I told you to keep training." He said harshly as Sam raised his brows. "Colby. A word, maybe." He said and went up to him, pushing him out of the room.

I sat there in silence, trying to get over the pain I was feeling. I kinda deserved it for talking back all the time.

I was taking advantage of Colby's niceness and it bit me in the ass.

"BECAUSE I'M WORRIED FOR HER, OKAY?!" I heard Colby yell after a couple minutes. I cringed at how aggressive he sounded and felt bad for Sam that he was being yelled at.

"Then stop fucking trying to kill her. God damn, Colby. It's too far." Sam said as Colby stormed into the room.

I flinched, causing him to look up at me. "Again." He said and pulled me up.

"Colby, please." I begged as he charged at me. I gasped, expecting to feel him ram into me again.

Just before he did though, I whimpered. As soon as the pathetic noise came out of my mouth he stopped, sighing.

"Sam, take her home." He said after looking at me for a minute. I looked up at him, taking in his appearance.

He didn't look as angry. He looked like he would rather be anywhere else in the world though.