61

Colby's POV

I watched as Julia made her way through the crowd. I knew I should have probably went with her but I would give her a minute before I went after her.

I didn't want her to think I was clingy but I worried about her all the time.

People in this business would do anything to get to me and she was the easiest way to get to me.

After a minute or two I stood up and started to walk towards the bathroom so I could check on her.

"Nice party, man!" A random guy said as he clapped his hand on my back. "Thanks." I said and continued pushing through the crowd.

I felt like I was being stopped every couple seconds, which was getting annoying.

"Colby!" Trevor, one of the guys in the gang, said as he rushed over. "Dude, what?" I asked with annoyance.

Trevor was one of the guys I hardly interacted with. He was just one of our runners and would occasionally do security for our parties.

"Something happened to Julia!" He said as my eyes widened. "Where is she?" I asked as he swallowed hard.

"Come on." He said then ran through the crowd. I followed him closely, trying to keep my composure.

"These guys took her up here! I think they're gonna kill her!" Trevor said as we ran up the stairs.

I lost the feeling in my hands as we ran, pure fear coursing through my veins. I didn't let it show though.

I needed to turn on my fake confidence.

We ran until we got to a random room. "Sorry about this." Trevor said then pushed me into the room before slamming the door and locking it.

"What the fuck!?" I yelled pulling at the door handle.

"Hello, Mr. Brock." A familiar voice said from behind me. "Zach. What the fuck are you doing?" I asked as he raised his brows.

Zach was in the gang as well. Usually on security.

"Got a mission. I plan on going through with it, too." He said and pulled his gun out.

"You're trying to overturn me?" I asked blandly, grabbing my own gun and lazily holding it up. "Not trying to." He said and raised his brows.

"Now this can be easy or this can be hard." Zach said and walked over to me, keeping his gun drawn.

"I've got Jules in the other room." He said as I clenched my jaw.

"Don't call her that." I growled, glaring at him. "Oh, yeah..you're really in love. I thought it was a facade but clearly you're just whipped." He said then laughed slightly.

"You're too weak for this job now. You've been messy since Julia has been in your life." He said and paced in front of me.

"I'm gonna give you an option though." Zach said coldly.

"It's either you or Julia. We have her in her own little area. She's a fiesty one though. I don't know if she'll be alive long enough for you to make your choice." He said as my jaw clenched.

"Don't fucking touch her!" I seethed, resisting the urge to kill Zach right now.

Gangs were complex. Status was everything and if I were to just kill him it would make me look bad since he was in my gang.

I needed to be strategic.

"So you're really gonna let all of your work go to waste for a stupid girl?" He asked and crossed his arms.