77

"You doing okay?" Sam asked as I got in his car. "Yeah. Nothing I'm not used to anymore." I said quietly.

"I know it's hard to wrap your head around all of this. You've been doing great." Sam said as I nodded.

"Shouldn't Colby have backup...ya know since he was being followed?" I asked as Sam drove. "I had Jake following me. They're gonna go in together." He said as I nodded.

"Good." I said with a sigh. "I see you got your boot off." Sam said after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, I can walk free around the house now." I said with a laugh. "That's a good thing. The pool is really nice." He said with a laugh.

"I might have to check it out." I said with a smile then focused on the road we were driving down.

When we got home I went up to my room so I could take a bath. I was still a little frazzled from our little car chase so a bath was absolutely needed.

It felt good to be able to walk around and be without my crutches and boot.

I felt just a little more free.

"Okay." I said then turned the faucet on before going to the cabinet under sink.

Like Colby had said there was a bunch of soaps and salts that I could use for the bath. There was also a little pillow that I could put in there to make it more comfortable.

I thought it was cute how hard Colby tried to make me happy. It was such a sweet thing for him to make sure I had bath stuff.

I went with some bubble bath and some lavender bath salts then got in the tub.

It was a huge tub that was really deep so I was fully submerged which was something I wasn't used to.

Growing up we only ever had tubs that were also showers. Although they were functional it wasn't the best tub ever.

I sat in the tub for a while, closing my eyes and relaxing. I must have been super relaxed because I ended up falling asleep.

I didn't realize that though until I was being lifted out of the water.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, shivering. "You fell asleep in the tub, baby." Colby whispered as I cracked my eyes open slightly.

"What time is it?" I asked with a yawn. "2am." Colby said then grabbed a towel and carefully wrapped it around me.

"Shit." I whispered and lifted my head. "Did you just get home?" I asked as he walked to the closet.

"Yeah." He said quietly. "Why so late?" I asked as he sat me down on the bench that was in there. "Had things to do." He said and grabbed me some clothes to wear.

"I can't believe I fell asleep in the tub." I said with a yawn. "You had an eventful day." He said and put a shirt over my head.

Once I was dressed we made our way back to the bedroom. "I'm gonna hop in the shower really quick, I'll be right back." Colby said then kissed my head.

I nodded and got into bed, trying to not fall asleep.

I wanted to be able to talk to Colby a little bit but didn't think I would be able to.

I started to dose off again before I felt Colby slide into bed, wrapping his arms around me.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." He mumbled against my shoulder. "G'night." I whispered before drifting off to sleep.

I woke up really early considering I fell asleep fairly early.

I decided that I was going to make Colby some breakfast since we were going to have the whole day together.