10

When I got up to my room I sat on the bed, looking around at the newly decorated space.

It wasn't nearly homey enough but at least now I had something to look at.

After a couple minutes Colby came into the room. He was sporting a leather jacket and boots and he was holding his keys.

"Get changed, we're going out." He said as I nodded and stood up. "What should I wear?" I asked and watched as he pursed his lips.

"Just change your pants. Anything works." He said then left the room again.

I sighed and went into the closet, grabbing a pair of leggings and putting them on. I pulled my hair out of its ponytail and let it fluff around my shoulders.

I then made my way out of the room and downstairs where Colby was waiting. "Come on." He said then nudged his head towards the front door.

I nodded and led the way outside so he could lock the house up.

"Am I allowed to know where we are going?" I asked as we walked to the car.

"I know we've only just met, but I thought you would know by now that you don't get to know anything." Colby said and got in another black BMW.

These fuckers must have been rich.

"I think I should at least know what city I'm in." I mumbled, scared he would lash out. "Hmm." He hummed and got in the car, starting it.

"You get three questions. I can answer or deny them how I see fit." He said as we buckled up.

"Okay. What city are we in?" I asked and looked over at him. "Los Angeles." He said as my eyes widened. "Why the hell were you in Seattle?" I asked as I grinned.

"Is that one of your questions?" He asked as I squinted at him. I knew he wouldn't answer it but I thought I'd go for it anyways.

"Yes." I said as he chuckled. "Business." He answered simply. "That's a copout answer." I said and looked out the window.

"That's the answer though. I'm not telling you what the business is." He said as I sighed. "Okay. What's your plan with me?" I asked, scared of what the answer would be.

"No more questions." He said and focused on the road. "That's not fair." I said and looked over at him.

"Life isn't fair, sweetheart." He said and kept his eyes forward.

I didn't want to piss him off so I stayed silent, crossing my arms.

"Where are we going?" I asked after a moment of silence. "You only got three questions." He said as I pursed my lips.

"You only answered two though, half assed too, if I might add." I said as he chuckled. "You really just can't be obedient can you?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I'm not going out without a fight. I'm not afraid of dying." I said and looked out the window again.

"We're almost there. Just wait." He said and pulled a cigarette out, putting it in his mouth.

I watched as he brought a lighter to the butt of the cigarette, lighting it.

He then cracked the window and tapped the soot off of it.

"You're staring." He stated and looked over at me for a second. "Can I try it?" I asked as he grinned.

"You're too pretty to be smoking cigarettes." He said as I narrowed my eyes at him. "What is that supposed to mean? Some of the most beautiful people have smoked cigarettes." I said as he shrugged.