113

The next week was difficult but we were managing.

My addiction got way worse before it got even a little bit better.

Colby let up on the babysitting with me but it took a good five days to really gain his trust.

I had to admit I cracked a couple of times but couldn't find a single pill bottle no matter how hard I looked.

I guess it was technically a good thing but it pissed me off most days.

Colby has fallen back into his work schedule but most of the time he still worked from home.

He didn't want me to be alone and he promised to be here since I didn't feel safe a lot of the time.

When I wasn't pissed off and hurting from withdrawals I was paranoid about someone finding me and taking me away.

I really was pretty fucked in the head.

Right now I was sitting in the library reading while a fire blazed in the fireplace.

Colby was in the next room, doing some work. I could hear him angrily talking to someone on the phone.

He has been so tense and has been really mean to his gang members. I felt bad for them but I was almost relieved he wasn't letting anyone walk all over him.

He was strong and was more powerful than I think he thought.

No matter what anyone said or did he would protect any one of his gang members as long as they didn't betray him.

I don't think any of them would be so stupid to do that.

After a while, I finished my book then stood up and went to go bother Colby.

"No, Sam. Everyone needs a backup for any job or they don't go." Colby said with annoyance as I walked into his office.

"Just send backup with him, I don't care who it is." He said and opened his arm so I could sit on his lap.

"Alright. Thanks, Sam. I appreciate you." Colby said with a sigh. I could tell he felt bad about being so harsh with Sam considering they were best friends.

Something was going on in the gang though and Colby would do anything to make sure they were all safe.

"Hey, Jules." Colby said as he hung up. "Hi." I said and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Can I help you with something?" He asked as I nodded. "I'm bored." I said as he chuckled.

"Yeah?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, also my head hurts." I said as he sighed. "Just your head? Nothing else is hurting today?" He asked and rubbed my side.

"I'm sore from my seizure this morning." I said as he frowned.

"I've been meaning to talk about that with Nate. I think it might be time to incorporate your meds again." He said as I sighed.

"I don't think I'm ready yet. I'm not strong enough." I said as he shook his head.

"You're so much stronger than you think you are." He said then kissed my cheek.

"I have a little more work to do, but afterwards we can go to dinner or something." Colby said as I nodded.

"Okay." I said with a sigh. "I won't take long. Promise." Colby said then smacked my ass as I stood up.

"I'm gonna get ready." I said as he nodded. "Okay, sweetheart." He said and focused on his work again.

I turned and went upstairs so I could get ready. It had been a long time since I even remotely got dressed up.