29

Colby's POV

I knew I fucked up. I knew I shouldn't have kissed her but I couldn't help it.

The sexual tension I was feeling was something I couldn't push down. She looked so beautiful tonight, but the blood on her body and face looked out of place.

Things got so tense and so heavy that I had to do it.

I'm glad I did.

I needed to know how her lips felt against mine before things got messy. I didn't know how things would go but I knew they could get bad and fast.

"Hey, where are you going?" Sam asked as I walked down the hallway, towards the stairs.

I was still wearing my dress pants and button up shirt which was splattered with Julia's blood. "Out." I said and kept walking.

"Woah. I'm coming with." Sam said as I shook my head. "Not necessary. Stay here with Julia." I said as he followed.

"I know something happened. Just..just talk to me, man. You know we work better together." She said and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I kissed her. There. Are you happy?" I asked and turned around to face him. "Wow. Is that why you're storming out?" He asked as I shook my head.

"My reason for storming out can't be talked about here. I just need you to stay with Julia. Keep her safe." I said and turned around again.

"You're in love with her." He stated in a matter of fact tone. "No. We shared a kiss after her first real traumatic event. It was no big deal. Now, I have to go." I said as he nodded.

"Alright. Call for backup if you need it." He said then turned and left me to leave the house.

I felt bad because it probably would be safer to bring Sam with me.

I needed to do this alone though.

I got in the car and started driving immediately. I didn't have much time to do this so I really had to hurry.

I drove to Tony's place, knowing that it was probably a bad idea. He knew something that I needed to know though.

When I got to the house I stormed up to the front door and banged on it.

"Ah, Brock. Come by to kill me?" Tony asked as I shook my head. "You wish. I came by as a final warning to stop fucking with me and to stop fucking with Ana." I said as he chuckled.

"You mean Juliana. I know all about her and her family too. Cute kids." He said with a smile as I clenched my jaw.

"Don't fucking touch them." I said as he narrowed his eyes. "Being protective over her family? Is Colby Brock in love?" He asked as I grabbed his shirt, pushing him into the wall aggressively.

"I don't give a fuck about status anymore. I will fucking kill you." I growled as he breathed a laugh.

"Keep a close eye on her, Brock. She may just slip through the cracks of the business. Missing people always have people looking for them." He said as I shook my head.

"Don't fucking touch her or come near her." I said as he gave me a cocky look.

He knew something I didn't.

"Enjoy your time, Colby." He said simply, causing my blood to boil.

Before I could even think, I was winding my fist back, hitting him square in the jaw.

I couldn't stop.

The anger that was coursing through my veins that this cocky little bitch could talk to me like this.