122

Colby's POV

Everything happened so fast.

One minute I was waiting for Julia to come back from talking to her dad. The next I was being dragged off by two men.

I found myself not fighting back. I knew this was going to happen and that he was going to kill me.

I had been trying so desperately to push down the feelings, knowing that the last time I saw Julia would be the last time ever seeing her.

I shouldn't have let her come.

I should have given her a kiss and told her I loved her and let her believe that I would be back in LA and with her again soon.

Now she would have to live with the fact that she was here when I finally met my demise.

"I told you, one fuck up and I kill you." Quill said as he flicked the safety off on his gun.

"Giving my daughter an addiction because you weren't careful, doesn't sit well with me." He said, looking at me with so much hatred.

There was no point in speaking or arguing. He just needed to do it already.

"It was nice knowing you, Mr. Brock." Quill said then held his gun up.

I closed my eyes, expecting to at least feel pain but instead I heard Julia screaming as the gun went off.

Shock.

I must have been in shock because I wasn't in any pain.

"Julia!!!" Alexander screamed with so much agony it snapped me out of the haze I was in.

I looked down to see Julia laying on the ground, a shocked look on her pale face as blood started soaking through her dress.

She jumped between me and the bullet.

"No. No! NO!" I screamed and started to fight off the men that were holding me.

"JULIA!!" I cried out, feeling my eyes pricking with tears.

The men that were holding me must have been in just as much shock as I was because it was easy to break away from them.

"What did you do?!" I sobbed out, collecting her into my arms as she gasped for air.

"I..I l-l-love y-you." She stuttered out, blood coming out of her mouth. "Don't do that. You're not saying goodbye." I whispered and brought my hand to her cheek, caressing it gently.

"I-I'm sc-scared." She whispered, tears filling her eyes. "You're gonna be okay, baby. You're gonna be okay." I said and pressed on her wound, causing her to cry out in pain.

"Julia." Quill said with a broken tone, causing anger flooded my body. He did this. He did this to his own fucking daughter.

I reached down and grabbed the gun that was in the holster on my belt.

"You don't get to be sad." I mumbled then undid the safety.

I didn't care what repercussions this gave me but before I could even think I was shooting him in the head, killing him instantly.

"Holy shit, Colby!!" Sam yelled with wide eyes. I shook my head and brought my focus back to Julia.

"D-dying." Julia sputtered as I shook my head.

"No, we just have to get you to the hospital." I said as Sam and the younger guy that was with him rushed over.

"A hospital?! Are you crazy, Colby?" Sam asked as I clenched my jaw.