67

Colby's POV

"What do you think?" Sam asked as I scrolled through the houses he was looking at. "They look nice." I hummed, then pulled my glasses off.

"I want to schedule a supply truck to come here every day. I don't care what they deliver, it just needs to happen." I said as his brow scrunched with confusion.

"Why?" He asked as I leaned back in my chair. "Because when we get a house I am going to get Julia there by that truck. If people are watching they'll follow the truck every day and see it's just a delivery truck." I explained.

"You're gonna put her in a delivery truck?" Sam asked as I nodded. "It's the safest way to get her there and keep the house a secret." I said then looked at the computer.

"We speak to nobody about moving. We'll keep our current house to throw people off." I said then stood up.

"I'll schedule a truck to drop off auto supplies. That will be the least suspicious." Sam said as I nodded.

"I'm gonna say goodbye to Julia, then we need to run some errands." I said as he nodded.

I went to say goodbye to Julia then went into the supply closet and grabbed a change of clothes so I could get ready for the day.

I wasn't looking forward to the next couple of weeks. There was a lot of damage control that I had to go through but it would be alright.

This was a true test of my leadership.

"Ready to go?" I asked and poked my head into Sam's office. "Yeah. Did you want to see any of the houses?" Sam asked as I shook my head.

"We're going to buy one without looking at it. Just make sure it has a big library." I said and turned to go down the hallway.

"I'll make sure there's a big library for Jules." Sam said with a laugh. "It's actually not for her. It's for me. I love to read." I said and grabbed my keys.

"Mhm. Name one book." Sam teased causing me to laugh. "Fuck you." I grumbled then got in the elevator.

"Are we sure having you leave is a good idea?" Sam asked as I shrugged. "I'm not one to have good ideas. You're gonna drive though, I'll lay in the backseat. If someone is following we'll plan accordingly." I said then tossed him my keys.

"Sounds like a good idea to me." He said as we got in the car.

I laid in the backseat while Sam drove. It felt weird to be hiding like this because I was taught that confidence is key when you're the leader of a gang.

I was, however, very confident that someone could kill me.

When Sam and I got to the store we went straight to the craft section.

"I have no idea what to get." I said and looked at all of the art supplies. "What kind of art does she like to do?" Sam asked as I shrugged.

"I don't know. She's amazing though. I have this drawing she did that I want to get framed, it's so good." I said wirh a grin.

"Well what did she draw it with?" Sam asked causing me to shrug. "I don't know! What do I look like, fucking Picasso?" I asked and grabbed a big sketch book.

"This is a good start." I said as Sam reached over and grabbed a giant kit.

"A little of everything." He said as I nodded. "Sounds good." I said as my phone started ringing.

"Ah, shit. It's Nate." I said then answered. "What's up?" I asked and looked around to make sure nobody was watching.

"You might wanna grab some stronger pain meds for Julia. She's really hurting. Like...really bad." He said with a sigh.