115

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I was snuggled up to Colby's chest, listening to his heartbeat as he slept.

I couldn't believe that Colby brought me on a little vacation.

I could tell that he was really worried about the banquet.

He was scared of my father and he was scared of what he would do to me. I knew it but he thought he was being discreet.

To be honest, I wasn't afraid of my father. I wasn't afraid of what he would do with me, because I knew that I was always going to be his little girl.

He would always have the soft spot for me and I would make sure to play that up. I would act like he wasn't dead to me.

I just had to pretend to be at least somewhat happy to see him. It would suck but it would get us through the night.

I laid awake for a while before Colby started to wake up.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said with a gravelly tone. "Good morning." I said and looked up at him.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked quietly. "Like a rock. You?" I asked as he grinned. "Really good." He said then kissed my head.

"What did you want to do today?" Colby asked as I shrugged. "I don't know. Is it even safe to go explore the city?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yeah, of course it is. I have some guys who are backup. I know it may not be the most comfortable to be watched but you'll be safe." He said as I nodded and started to get out of bed.

"If we get like...freaky...are they gonna watch?" I asked as he shook his head.

"They aren't that stupid. They're watching the perimeter of the house, they can't see inside." He said and got out of bed.

"Good to know." I said with a nod. "So you want to go out into the city?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, I hope you packed warm clothes for me." I said as he chuckled. "I did. I got you a new coat, Kat picked it out." He said with a smile.

"Oooo, what did I do to deserve that?" I asked and turned to him, seeing him portioning out one of my pills.

"You have been so strong, Jules. I wish I could give you more." He said then handed me the pill.

I looked down at it and chewed my lip nervously. I didn't like the idea of taking anything just yet but Colby was right that I needed to take it.

I couldn't get addicted to this drug.

"I'm gonna crush it in your food next time." Colby said as I giggled. "Don't do that." I said then popped the pill in my mouth and swallowed it.

"I'm gonna get ready." I said then turned towards my bag. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a long sleeved shirt and my toiletries and went into the bathroom.

Colby came in about halfway through getting ready so he could shower.

"Care to join me?" He asked as I chuckled. "Not this time. Hurry up, I wanna explore." I said as he got in the shower.

"There will be plenty of time." He said with a chuckle. "Just please hurry up." I said then left the room.

After a couple of minutes, Colby came into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist.

I grinned and looked up at him, watching as the water droplets trailed down his toned abdomen.

"It's not polite to stare." Colby said with a chuckle and went over to his bag.

LIt's not polite to keep me waiting." I retorted. "Hmmm." Colby hummed with amusement then started getting dressed.

Once we were both ready we made our way to the car and started driving into town.