43

Colby's POV

"Come on!" I groaned as we sat in traffic. "They said she's at the office, man." Sam said as I shook my head.

"They didn't tell us anything else plus someone still broke in. This is serious." I said and clenched my jaw, gripping onto the steering wheel more.

Sam and I had been driving non stop for the past 15 hours. We were almost to LA but just needed to get through the traffic.

Sam didn't try to talk to me anymore. He knew I was angry and scared.

He knew I was mad at myself for letting Tony trick me like this.

We sat in traffic for what felt like forever before we got to the office.

I didn't waste any time, getting downstairs.

"Colby." Nate said as I shook my head. "Where are they?" I asked and started walking down the hallway, my jaw clenched.

"I really think you shou-" Nate started. "Colby!" Jake interrupted as he came down the hallway, dried blood all over the front of him.

"What the fuck happened, Jake?" Asked and walked up to him. "Someone broke in. Corey and I couldn't hear her screaming. We couldn't hear her until it was too late." He said as my eyes widened.

"Where is she, Jake?" I asked with more fear than I was intending.

"She won't let us help her. She's really fucked up." Jake said as I clenched my jaw. "WHERE IS SHE?!" I yelled, pulling him by the shirt.

"Room one." He said causing me to let him go and rush towards that room.

When I opened the door, Julia was sitting on the table, dried blood covering her body.

There was glass sticking out of her arms and legs. Her neck was bruised and her face and jaw were bleeding and split open.

In her left hand was a gun, but the safety was on.

She didn't look up. Her eyes, staying transfixed on the floor in front of her.

"She hasn't moved since it happened." Corey said from behind us as I clenched my jaw and closed the door, stepping into the hallway again.

"Why the fuck didn't you clean her up or tend to her wounds? She's going to get a fucking infection." I seethed as he shook his head.

"She won't let us. She points the gun and threatens to shoot." He said as I nodded. "She wouldn't kill anyone. She's afraid of guns." I said as he shook his head.

"She killed the intruder." He said causing my blood to run cold.

That's why she looked so broken.

"Go to my office. I'm gonna clean her up then we need to talk." I said then opened the door once again.

"Jules..." I whispered as I walked in slowly. I watched as she weakly raised the gun. When she looked up I could see how pale she looked, her eyes sunken in.

"Put the gun down, sweetheart." I said quietly and walked even closer, reaching for the gun.

Once I was close enough, I carefully took the gun causing her to look up at me.

I watched as her face scrunched with pain, before she threw herself into me.

"Shhh...I know, sweetheart. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left you." I whispered as she sobbed into me, holding on for dear life.

"Breathe, darling. You're okay." I whispered and scratched her back gently. "I k-k-killed him." She sobbed out, holding me tighter.

"Shhh.." I shushed, trying to get her to relax even a little bit.