102

Colby's POV

I couldn't see anything as I walked down the rickety old stairs.

"See anything?" Sam asked as I pulled my flashlight out. "No-oh my god." I said and shined my flashlight down to a little rooms.

Julia was sitting in a chair in the middle of it, her arms and legs tied down.

I felt my heart drop at how out of it she looked.

"Julia." I whispered then ran down the stairs and to her.

She didn't even flinch as I ran up to her. Her eyes were glazed over and drool was dripping from her mouth into her lap.

"Julia, baby. I'm here. You're gonna be okay." I whispered and put my hands on her face, lifting it so she would look at me.

Her eyes were technically on me but she wasn't there. She was on something so intense that she couldn't react or show me that she was okay.

"You're gonna be okay." I said again then wiped the drool from her chin and leaned her head back so I could free her from the chair.

"Colby?!" Sam called out nervously. "She's down here!" I called out and cut the rope on her arms and legs.

It was a good twenty degrees colder down here so she was trembling and her hands were an almost blueish color.

I wanted to kill those men all over again for how they treated her. I couldn't waste my energy on them though.

Julia would die if I didn't act fast.

"Okay, sweetheart. We're gonna get you help. Okay?" I whispered and lifted her into my arms.

She was trembling so bad that I was scared she was actually having a seizure. I wouldn't be able to tell since she was already so out of it.

"I'm here, sweetheart. I'm here now." I whispered and went up the stairs.

"Holy shit." Sam gasped as we came into view. "Help me get her up there." I said as he crouched down, holding his arms out.

I lifted Julia up and into Sam's arms then jumped up so I could be back to ground level.

Once I was up I pulled my shirt off and quickly put it on Julia. "We have to get her to the office." I said then pulled her into my arms.

"I'll tell Nate to get the infirmary set up." Sam said as I nodded then started running towards the car.

I wanted to get her out of the cold as soon as humanly possible because she was freezing.

"I'll drive." Sam said as I nodded and laid Julia in the back seat. "Turn the heat all the way up." I said and slid into the backseat, pulling Julia into my arms so I could warm her up.

"What do think they give her?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "No idea. Whatever it is, fucked her up." I said and looked down at Julia.

She still had that far out look in her eyes and she wasn't making any noise. She didn't even look like she knew what was going on.

Sam sped down the road, trying to get to the office as fast as he could.

I sat in the back seat with Julia, trying my hardest to warm her up or get her to be responsive.

"You're okay, darling. You're safe now." I whispered, caressing her cheek gently.

"She coming back?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "Still unresponsive." I said and looked into Julia's eyes.

I wanted to see something behind them. Anything to give me a hint that she was in there and okay.

I needed her to be okay.