44

I don't know what drug Colby gave me but I was feeling great.

The paranoia and fear was suppressed and I was feeling swimmy again.

My body ached and was covered in my own dried blood but I was glad Colby stitched me up.

I don't know how long I laid in that room with an IV tube pumping me with fluids, before the door opened.

"How are you feeling?" Colby asked as I sighed. "High." I said as he came over and carefully pulled the IV out of me.

"That's good news. Are you ready to go to the hotel?" He asked as I frowned. "Are you staying with me?" I asked pathetically.

"Yeah, I'll be with you." He said as I nodded. "Good." I said then stood up. "Is it safe?" I asked as he nodded.

"With me you're always safe. That was my mistake." He said then took my hand and led the way out of the room.

We walked down the hallway then stopped at a desk.

"Did they get back to you on where the hotel is?" Colby asked the person behind the desk. "Yeah, here's the location." The guy said and slid him a piece of paper.

"Did you open the box?" The guy asked as Colby glanced at me. "Not tonight. I'll be back tomorrow to do that." He said then led the way to the elevator.

"What box?" I asked as the doors closed. "Don't worry about it." He said simply as I sighed.

"Colby, if it concerns me I'd like to know." I whispered nervously. "It doesn't concern you. Well..I don't think. We're not gonna worry about it right now. You've been through enough." He said then kissed the side of my head and led the way to the car that was in the garage.

"Get in, sweetheart. I'm gonna change the license plate." He said as I opened the passengers door.

I didn't question Colby because I knew he was my key to safety now.

When he was away, I got hurt.

"Alright. Let's go." He said then started driving. It felt so scary leaving the office. It seemed like that was the only safe place to be and we were leaving it.

"Why can't we just stay at the office?" I asked quietly. "What, Jules?" Colby asked and focused on the road.

"Why can't we stay at the office?" I repeated, looking over at him.

"It's not comfortable and although we have a lot of stuff down there, we don't have any showers or anything like that." He said and focused ahead.

I could tell he was a bit paranoid himself because he kept checking the mirrors, as if he was expecting to see someone coming.

His nervousness made me even more nervous.

"A-are they following us?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No. Just have to be cautious." He said then reached over and took my hand, putting it in his lap.

He drove for an hour, keeping his eyes peeled for anyone who could have been watching.

We eventually pulled up to a tall hotel that didn't look too fancy.

It was good for being discreet.

"I don't have any clothes or anything." I said and looked down at my bloody clothes.

"Hm..turn your shirt inside out. I think we can get away with that." He said as I nodded and did what I was told.

I felt my stomach churn, feeling the dried blood rub against my skin.