18

"Alright. It's all safe. Try to get some rest." Sam said as I nodded.

I was still tired from my seizure and since I had nothing better to do I decided to try and sleep.

"Wait. Before I go...uh..what did you want to eat for dinner?" He asked and scratched the back of his head.

"No dinner. I'm gonna sleep." I said as he nodded. "Alright. I'll probably bring you something later, just in case." He said then left the room.

Once he was gone I got comfortable in bed, letting myself drift off.

"Jules, are you coming?" Jenna asked as I walked down the stairs. "Yeah, of course." I said with a warm smile.

"You slept really late." Carter said as I nodded. "I was very tired." I said and looked around the familiar home.

Everything looked the same as it always did.

"Jule!!!!!" Sam squealed as he ran to me. "Hi, buddy." I said and ruffled the seven year olds hair.

"We missed you." He said quietly as he wrapped his arms around me tightly. "I missed you, too. More than you'll ever know." I said and looked at my siblings.

"Then why didn't you come back?" Jenna asked as I scrunched my brow. "What?" I asked with confusion.

"Why didn't you save us? You should have saved us!" She yelled as bullets started flying through the windows.

"Get down!" I screamed and tried to shield my siblings as best as I could. "They're gonna get us!!" Sam cried out as someone kicked down the door.

I sat up screaming, holding my chest as sobs wrecked through me.

"No. No. No." I whispered then got out of bed, running towards the door. I was surprised when it opened because the last I knew, it was locked.

I wiped my cheeks and went down the stairs, looking for anyone to talk to.

"Julia?" Colby's voice sounded from the library. I whimpered and followed his voice. "What's going on? Did something happen?" He asked as I stood in the doorway, tears still gliding down my cheeks with ease.

"They're n-not safe." I croaked out as his brow scrunched. "Come in here." He said then stood up.

"The-they're in danger. You have to help them." I said as he put his hands on my shoulders, guiding me so I could sit in his chair.

"Who? Who is in danger. What happened, Julia?" Colby asked sternly.

"My siblings. Colby, my siblings are in danger! You have to help them." I choked out. "Okay. I'll help them, you just have to calm down." He said and stood up, walking over to the little fridge that was on the other side of the room.

"Here." He said and handed me a water bottle. "Calm down." He said then leaned against the wall.

I nodded and took a sip of the water, feeling my hands shaking as the dream played in my mind.

I knew it was just a dream and that it wasn't reality but it still scared the shit out of me.

Seeing them so scared even in a dream rocked me to my core.

"What happened?" Colby asked after a minute of silence. "I just had a nightmare." I said and took another sip of water.

"Nightmares aren't real, sweetheart." He said as I nodded. "I know. It just..it scared me. You have to make sure they're okay." I said and looked up at him.

"I will. You just have to trust me." He said and sat in the chair across from me. "What is your address?" He asked as I shook my head.

"No." I said as he raised his brows. "Do you want me to help or no?" He asked as I sniffled. "Colby, I just don't feel comfortable giving you that information." I said and picked at my nails.

"Then I can't help you." He said and turned to leave the room.

"Wait." I said causing him to turn. "Promise me you won't hurt them. Or take them. A-and promise me you'll protect them." I said and looked into his eyes.

"I promise. You just have to trust me, Jules." He said and came closer so he could put his hands on my upper arms.

"I'm going to send some of my guys up there to patrol around the house. They'll keep an eye out on them." He explained and sat in front of me again.

"How will you know to trust them?" I asked as he pulled his phone out. "I trust all my men." He said and focused.

"Even though there's a snake?" I asked as he looked up at me. "I don't think the snake is one of my men." He said then held his phone out to me.

"Put the address in." He said as I shook my head.

"I said I trust you. Not some random guys." I said as he groaned. "You're unbearable." He said and took his phone back.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Colby?! You told me to trust you, not random people!" I exclaimed as he rolled his eyes.

"With trust in me comes trust in other people. I trust these guys so you should, too." He said and raised his brows.

"Fine but if anything happens I get to kill you myself." I said as he chuckled. "Deal." He said and held his hand out.

"Really?" I asked in shock as he nodded. "You don't have the guts to kill me, sweetheart." He said then took my hand and shook it.

"You better hope it doesn't come to that." I said then looked towards the bookcase.

"Are you going to learn how to fight?" Colby asked after a minute of silence. "I have no choice, remember?" I asked and picked at my pants.

"Right. Well, did you at least want to fight now?" He asked as I shrugged.

"I don't like guns." I said as he nodded. "Understandable. I don't think you really know how to handle them though. That's what makes them scary." He explained and grabbed a book, flipping through the pages.

"I thought you didn't read?" I questioned as he looked up at me through his lashes.

"Maybe you've inspired me." He said then cracked a small grin and looked down at the pages.

"You took away my favorite book." I said and crossed my arms.

"No, whoever went into my room stole my favorite poetry book which you happened to be reading. It's at the office. We'll keep it there so you don't get bored." He hummed.

"You read poetry?" I asked as he nodded. "Usually when I'm on shrooms. That's the only thing that calms me down from a bad trip." He explained then stood up.

"Go to bed, you need to be well rested for tomorrow." He said and nudged his lead, signaling for me to get up.

"What's tomorrow?" I asked as we walked towards the stairs. "Wow, you're dim witted. Training?" He said as I nodded.

"I am not dim witted! Sorry I don't know the itinerary for the thing I didn't fucking want to do." I grumbled as he raised his brows at me.

"Rethink that tone, Julia." He said as I shook my head.

"Goodnight, Colby." I said then went into my, well, his room.

"Try to not come running through the house in tears over a stupid little nightmare." He said as I glared at him.

"It wasn't stupid." I said then closed the door, only to hear it lock a second later.

I sighed then crawled back into bed. I laid awake for a while thinking about how scared I was for my family.

I didn't know if I could fully trust Colby since obviously he took me against my will.

My family was on the line though. My sweet innocent brothers and sisters would be caught in the fire that was this world if Colby wasn't careful.

He seemed to care about my family more than he cared about me so maybe things would work out.

I just had to trust him.