89

Colby's POV

I woke up to Julia screaming every single night for the past week. She was being tormented by her mind at this point and it was breaking my heart.

I had to work in the office most of the time but every time I would go upstairs to check on Julia she would be in the same position.

She would be laying in bed, staring at the wall, most of the time with tears in her eyes.

It was wrecking her to her core that her father betrayed her. I wished with all of my heart that I could help her but there was nothing I could do.

"Hey, babe." I said as I walked into the bedroom with a pizza and mozzarella sticks. "I brought you some food." I said as she sniffled.

"I can sit up here and eat with you if you want." I said and sat on the bed, scratching her back.

"Please, baby. Just talk to me." I sighed as she sniffled. "I don't know what to say." She said, her voice cracking.

"What can I do to help? Let's start there." I said as she sat up. "Invent a time machine." She mumbled as I opened the pizza box.

"I'll work on it once we are done eating." I said as she frowned. "I just wish they cared." She said and chewed her lip.

"I know. It's really shitty of them but they're missing out on how amazing you are." I said and brought my hand to her cheek.

"They don't deserve you." I said then leaned over and kissed her.

"I don't deserve you." Julia said quietly. "That's not true. Now please eat." I said and grabbed a piece of pizza and handed it to her.

It hurt my heart to know that she felt so unloved. I knew she knew that she was more loved now by me and everyone else but it still hurt her.

I was excited for the birthday party that Katrina was planning. It was in a couple of days but I don't think Julia saw it coming.

I hoped she would feel how loved she truly is.

"Can you stay up here with me?" Julia asked as my heart sunk. I had so much work to do but Julia has been so quiet and reserved lately that I felt like I needed to stay up here with her.

"Yeah. I can stay up here for a little while." I said causing her to smile.

It was the first time I saw her smile since her birthday.

"What?" Julia asked, noticing that I was staring at her. "I just missed your smile." I said causing her to roll her eyes.

"You're going too soft." She said with a grin. "Only for you, babe. Only for you." I said then winked.

"Why don't you go down to the library?" I asked and tossed the pizza box to the side. "I don't know." She said as I leaned back, wrapping my arms around her.

"It might make you feel better." I hummed. "Maybe. I just don't want to leave this room." She said and looked up at me.

"Take your time. There's no rush." I said then kissed her forehead.

I stayed upstairs with Julia for a while before I had to go back downstairs.

"Hey, where've you been? I expected you to be in your office." Sam said as I went to the kitchen to grab some water.

"Oh, Julia asked me to sit upstairs with her for a little while. I'm getting back to work now." I said as he chuckled.

"You don't have to report to me, you're the one in charge." He said and held his hands up in defense.