20

I sat in the room alone for what felt like forever before Colby finally came back.

"Okay. Ready for defense?" He asked, as if he didn't just storm out for 20 minutes.

"Yeah.." I said and picked at my nails. "Don't be nervous." He said as I shook my head.

"Are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" I asked as he scrunched his brow.

"You wanna talk about how I beat your ass easily? Yeah, I mean we can talk about that if you want." He said cockily.

"You didn't beat my ass! You were playing unfair." I said and crossed my arms. "Life is unfair, Julia. So is this world we're involved in." He said with a sigh.

"You aren't strong. You're small and will easily be taken advantage of. Even when you're trying to be tough and fight, people are going to get through you." He explained.

"This is why we need to train your strengths. When I lunge for you, duck under me. Use your height to your advantage." He said then charged at me.

I gasped and tried to do what I was told, only Colby was able to grab my waist and pull me into him, holding a fake knife to my neck.

"See how I did that? You have to think smaller. Be smaller." He said then let me go and took a step back.

"Again." He said then charged at me. I tried to make myself as small as possible, ducking out of the way.

As soon as I was out of the way I turned back and grabbed his shoulders, kneeing him in the balls.

"Oof- fuck!" Colby grunted as I gasped. "I'm so sorry! I didn't think that would actually work!" I said as Colby fell to his knees.

"No. Good." He muttered as he scrunched his face in pain.

"Let me get you some ice." I said then jogged out of the room.

"Woah, everything okay?" Jake asked as I ran into him. "I uh...I kneed Colby in the balls so I need ice." I said as he held back a laugh.

"Wait really? I wanna see." He said as I shook my head.

"No, Jake. I need ice. Now!" I said as he patted the top of my head with his hand. "Silly girl, you're not in charge." He said then went into the room where Colby was.

"Ugh!" I groaned then went to find some ice myself.

I knew I wasn't supposed to be roaming around here because Colby was weirdly protective of this place but I wasn't going to touch anything.

I remember there was an infirmary because I went there after my seizure. They would definitely have an ice pack.

When I got in there I went to the first aid kit that was on the wall and grabbed one of those ice packs that you squeeze to make cold.

"Perfect." I said then ran towards the gym. "It's actually pretty impressive." Colby mumbled as I walked back into the room.

"Here." I said, handing him the pack of ice. "Thanks." He said then put it on his crotch. "I really didn't mean to do that." I said as he grinned.

"Sure you did. You have a lot of pent up rage in that little body of yours." He said as Jake laughed.

"She's been dreaming of doing that since she met you." He said and held his hand up to give me a high five. "Stop." I said then went over to take a sip of water.

"Don't get mad, Jules. You did good." Colby said then looked at Jake. "Go away before I kick you in the balls." He said Jake laughed.

"Alright, don't have too much fun in here." He said then left.