66

I ended up being able to sleep for the whole night which was surprising.

What was more surprising was the fact that Colby was still laid in bed with me, sleeping peacefully with his arms around me.

I expected him to be gone by now but I was glad he was here.

I smiled and kissed his jawline before nuzzling into his chest again.

I tried to push down the dread that was sitting in my chest, knowing that I was going to be lonely for a while.

There wasn't much I could do about the situation but it still hurt to think about.

After a while of silence, Colby stirred underneath me causing me to look up at him.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He said with a low gravely tone.

"Good morning." I said as he pulled me closer, nuzzling his chin on my head.

"I'm surprised you're still here." I said quietly as he hummed.

"I gotta get up in a minute. I just wanna lay with you before I do." He said then kissed my head.

"You're kinda sappy." I said with a laugh. "Only for you, sweetheart. Only for you." He said as I giggled.

"Is it bad I kinda miss your mean side?" I asked as he chuckled.

"Oh yeah?" He asked and brought his hand to my neck. "Maybe you should talk back more, then." He said and squeezed my throat slightly.

I squinted at him and went to open my mouth to respond but was interrupted by the door opening.

"Oh! Uh...sorry to interrupt." Sam said as Colby chuckled and took his hand from my neck. "Not a problem, dude. What's up?" Colby asked nonchalantly.

I could feel my cheeks flaming as I sat up.

"Looked at a couple places online this morning that I wanted you to check out." Sam said as Colby nodded.

"I want Jake and Corey to swing by the house to grab Jules' medication and some clothes. Are the girls still around?" Colby asked as he got out of bed.

"They went to breakfast. I can have them bring something back for you, Jules." Sam said as I shook my head.

"Not hungry. I do need some Tylenol or something. I'm in a lot of pain." I said then swung my legs over the edge of the bed.

I cringed at how bad my leg hurt but I tried to not let it show.

"We can swing by Eddie's and get something stronger if you can wait that long." Colby said and put his shirt on.

"Do we trust Eddie?" I asked as he nodded. "He's not in the business..well technically he supplies our drugs but he doesn't care about the politics of it." He explained.

"I think Tylenol will be just fine." I said with a sigh. "Okay, I'll get you some Tylenol then." Colby said then looked at Sam.

"Give me ten minutes. I'll go to your office." He said as Sam nodded.

"Alright, man." Sam said then left. "I'm gonna go shower, but I'll be right back." Colby said as I nodded.

I watched as he walked out of the room then flopped back onto the bed.

I was in an excruciating amount of pain but I wasn't surprised considering I jumped out of a window not even twenty four hours ago.

I was bound to be sore for a long time.

I sat and waited for a while before Colby came back into the room, fully dressed. In his hand was a water bottle and some pills.

"For you." He said then handed me the pills and bottle of water.