74

Colby's stress level went up more once Sam had left.

I felt bad because he really seemed to be stewing over that note he got from the other gang.

I knew I couldn't help and that he would probably get mad if I tried to so I just stayed quiet.

We stayed silent as we worked on our respective things. It felt good to be able to spend time with Colby even if we weren't really speaking or interacting.

"Alright. Wanna go get dinner?" Colby asked after a long couple hours of silence.

"Huh?" I asked and looked up at him. "I'm calling it a day. Wanna go to dinner?" He asked as I smiled.

"That sounds fun." I said then stood up, putting my coloring book on his desk. "So if you have the boot, why do you need these?" Colby asked as he picked up my crutches.

"I'm not supposed to put full weight on my leg yet." I said and took the crutches from him.

"I see. Well, I think your boot is very sexy." Colby said as I rolled my eyes. "So hot." I said sarcastically as we made our way out of the room.

I watched as Colby's face hardened again. "Mr. Brock." Alex said and nodded his head as we made our way down the hall.

I noticed he didn't even look at me, which meant he was probably afraid to.

I guess Colby really was amping up his intimidation.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Colby helped me get in his car. "You'll see, darling." He said then put my crutches in the back seat.

"I'm glad you gave yourself a shorter day." I said as he got in the car. "Yeah, sorry I haven't been around much. Unfortunately, you're used to that." He said with a frown.

"It's okay. I've been hanging out in the library a lot." I said with a smile. "I'm glad you like it. Have you done any art for the house yet?" He asked and started driving.

"Yep. You have to choose where we hang them." I said and looked out the window. "We can do that when we get home." He said and took my hand, bringing it to his lap.

We drove in silence until Colby pulled into parking lot of a restaurant.

"What is this place?" I asked as Colby opened my door for me. "My favorite place. You'll love it." He said then pulled my crutches out of the car.

"It looks kinda fancy. I'm not dressed for it." I said and looked down at my shorts and tshirt.

"It's fine, you look gorgeous." He said then helped me out of the car.

"Whatever you say." I said as we made our way to the front door.

"Hi, Mr. Brock." The hostess said with a smile as we made our way inside. "Hi, Olivia. I know it's short notice but is my usual table available?" Colby asked and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Of course. Anything for you." Olivia said with a smile then scurried off to go set up the table.

"You must come here a lot. You probably bring every girl you've ever met here." I said and looked over at Colby.

"Nope. Never brought a girl here." He said then winked and kissed my cheek.

I didn't know if he was being serious or not but I guess I didn't care either way.

"Your table is ready." Olivia said with a smile then gestured for Colby to go to it since he knew where it was.

"Thanks, Olivia." He said as she smiled at him. I wasn't keen on being jealous but I kinda wanted to smack her with my crutch.