12

I spent the next couple days alone in my room. Colby would come in every day to bring me food but I never acknowledged him.

I just sat in the chair that was in the reading nook and looked out the window.

I was feeling hopeless and scared after what happened to Colby and I the other day.

There was something so jarring about being shot at for the first time.

Sam tried to talk to me about it but I shut him down, too.

I just wanted to be alone.

"Julia...you have to eat." Colby said with a sigh as he set a plate of food down next to the 5 other plates of untouched food.

I sat in silence, looking out the window. "Julia, I'm getting impatient. I've been kind about this but you need to get a grip." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you care if I eat?" I asked, my voice cracking from the lack of talking I've done. "I think you're being dramatic." Colby said causing me to turn around.

"Dramatic? Colby, someone SHOT at us. They wanted us dead." I said as he shook his head. "No, they wanted me dead and I took care of it." He said with a stoney expression.

"I know it was scary for you and I want to avoid you being in those situations but sometimes that's not possible." He said and came over, setting the food on the table in front of me.

"You need to get over yourself. You didn't die." He said and raised his brows, looking at me with authority.

"Eat then get dressed. We're having a party tonight." He said as I shook my head. "I don't wanna go." I said as he breathed an annoyed laugh.

"It wasn't a question. Get changed." He snapped then left the room. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bowl of rice he put in front of me.

I was so annoyed that he was so hot and cold. One minute he would be concerned for me, then the next minute he's forcing me to go to a party with a bunch of people I didn't know.

I quickly ate, since I was super hungry after not eating anything for a while.

I wasn't intentionally starving myself but I was just stressed out and eating felt like the only thing I could actually control.

Everything else was falling apart around me.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on my door.

"Jesus Christ. I'm fucking getting ready, Col-oh. Hey, Katrina." I said as I opened the door.

"Hey. Long time no see." She said with a warm smile. "Colby said you didn't have any make up with you and he asked if I could help you out." She said and held up her make up bag.

"Oh, uh..yeah. I guess." I said as she smiled widely.

"Sam told me about what happened." She said as she walked into the room. "That sounds really scary." She said and started setting up.

"Has anything like that ever happened to you?" I asked as she shrugged.

"One time someone tried to break in. Colby just walked downstairs and killed him, not an ounce of emotion on his face." She said and shivered.

"He was way meaner back then." She said then started doing my makeup.

"I think he's still pretty mean." I mumbled, picking at my nails. "Yeah, I guess." She said with a shrug.

"How did...how did you get wrapped up in all of this?" I asked nervously. I didn't know if someone would be listening in.

I didn't know if I would get in trouble for asking questions like that.