50

Colby's POV

Julia was tough.

She was someone who had dealt with an immense amount of shit but never spoke of it.

After the night I told her about what her mom said, she's been quiet. She didn't ask me questions about work and didn't say anything that could even slightly upset me.

I would come back to the room and just sit on the couch or in bed with her, just holding her.

I could tell it bothered her that her family essentially didn't care that she was gone.

I regretted telling her about it, but it was done and I had to help her through the consequences.

Today was the day we were moving the girls into the office because the guys and I were leaving to go to Seattle.

The gang has been getting the second gym ready to be made into a room for all of them. We have a shower installed and even a bath because I knew Jules loved to take baths.

"Ready to go, Jules?" I asked and zipped up her bag. "Yeah." She said then grabbed her books and snacks.

"You're sure it's safe?" Julia asked as I reached over and took her hand. "I won't let anything happen to you." I said then led the way out of the room.

Julia and I have gotten really close in the last week. It felt like we were an actual couple which made this all the more dangerous.

I knew it was a bad idea and it would make my job two hundred times harder but you can't help who you fall in love with.

"Promise?" Julia asked as we got in the elevator. "I promise." I said then cupped her cheek and kissed her as the door closed.

When we broke away she looked at me with sad eyes. It broke my heart how distraught she was but she was strong and would get through it.

"Are you at least a little excited to hang out with the girls?" I asked and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Yeah. It'll be fun." She said quietly. "Don't worry about me, I go on these types of things all the time." I said, knowing that's why she was hesitant about this.

It was true that I have been to banquets millions of times but this one was different.

The secret society could be dangerous since they were so powerful. It concerned me slightly that they wanted me specifically to attend but I wanted to believe it would be okay.

The guys and I have been working hard to make sure we were prepared.

When we got to the office, Julia and I got out of the car.

"You're leaving today?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah in about an hour." I explained and took her hand, walking towards the elevator.

"Am I just living off of these clothes?" She asked and looked at the bag that was on my shoulder. "No, I put most of your clothes down here." I explained as she nodded.

"Good morning, Colby." Nate said as Julia and walked out of the elevator. "Is the room ready?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yep, also the things you asked for in your office." He said as Julia looked up at me. "Thanks, man." I said then squeezed Julia's hand and led the way down the hall.

"Welcome to your temporary home." I said and opened the door revealing the large room.

We had set up five beds, a couch with a tv, and a big arm chair. Off to the side was a door that led to the bathroom we had put in.

"Wow, this is nice." Julia said and let go of my hand so she could look around.

"Yeah, we honestly should have done this sooner." I said and went over to one of the beds and put her bag on it.