19

I stayed up all night, feeling anxiety bundled in my chest.

Something about that dream last night felt so real. Like the kids were actually in danger.

I shook my head and got out of bed, going towards the closet so I could get dressed. I decided on yoga pants and a v neck tshirt since that's all I had.

I wanted to ask Colby for more clothes but I didn't think he would take too kindly to that. I would have to get him in a good mood to ask that.

I got dressed then brushed my teeth and hair before putting it in two tight french braids.

"Ready?" Colby asked as I walked into the main part of the bedroom.

"I don't have any work out shoes. Just my boots." I said and looked down at my feet.

"Those will work for now." He said then turned and left the room.

I followed behind him, feeling the discomfort in my belly. I just had a feeling that today was going to suck.

"Going to fight?" Sam asked as we walked through the kitchen. "Yep. Wish her luck." Colby said then tossed me a water bottle.

"Go easy on her, Colby. It's her first time." Sam said with a laugh. "The real world won't go easy on her. Tony won't go easy on her." Colby said as I scrunched my brow.

"Who's Tony?" I asked as he shook his head. "Later. Come on." He said then led the way to the front door.

I followed behind him until we got to the car, then I got in the passenger's seat.

I wanted to ask a million questions but didn't think it would be a good idea to piss Colby off before I was supposed to be fighting him.

When we got to the auto body shop, we made our way down to the secret base that they called the office.

I didn't really understand why because it was far from being an office. It looked more like a lab from a sci-fi movie.

"Mr. Brock, Nate said you have a package on your desk." A man said as Colby nodded. "Perfect, thank you." He said then led the way to his office.

"These are for you." He said then picked up a little white bag that looked like it was from a pharmacy.

"How did you get these?" I asked in amazement. "I told you I would get them." He said with a shrug. "But how?" I asked as he took the bag and grabbed the pill bottle.

"Don't worry about it." He said then opened the bottle and handed me a pill.

"Do you need to take it with food?" He asked as I shook my head. "Perfect. Then we can get started." He said as I took the pill.

I had no idea how he managed to get this without look suspicious but I guess I was grateful.

"Enough stalling, Julia. Let's go." Colby said then put his hand on my back and pushed me slightly to go out into the hallway.

"I'm not stalling." I argued as he led the way. "Oh, so you haven't been scared shitless?" He asked with a cocky grin.

"No. I'm ready. Gonna be great." I said with little to no confidence.

I had never fought a day in my life. I didn't even know self defense tactics, clearly.

If I did then I probably wouldn't be here right now.

"Alright. We're gonna start in here." Colby said as we walked into a room that looked like a gym.

"We need to bulk you up a little bit." He said and tossed me a towel.