99

Colby's POV

"AUGHH! What the fuck do you mean?!" I yelled angrily as Nate sighed.

"There's no traces of any cars with that license plate." He said as I closed my eyes.

Julia has been missing for four days now. There's been no sign of her anywhere and I was starting to lose hope.

Not enough hope to give up but enough to be discouraged.

"Fucking great." I grumbled as he sighed. "You should go home and rest a little bit. I'll keep looking and researching. There's no reason for you to be here all stressed out." Nate said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, let me just go home and be stressed out there." I said and scrubbed my face with my hands.

I haven't slept more than an hour each night. I was so beyond worried about Julia that I couldn't sleep.

The only reason I even attempted sleep was because Sam would make me.

I couldn't do anything but research and look for who could have done this.

Whoever did it has obviously been planning it for a while because we had almost no leads.

"Just go home for a little bit. I'll let you know if there are any new developments." Nate said as I sighed.

I knew he was right, that I needed to go home but everything felt so useless right now.

I had all of my men out and about, scoping out for anyone who looked suspicious. I paused all of our jobs since this was now the most important thing in the world.

I had to find her sooner rather than later.

"Alright. Call me the second you find anything out." I said then stood up. "Merry Christmas by the way." Nate said as I shook my head.

I hated that it was Christmas and I hated that Julia wasn't here for Christmas.

She had been disappointed her entire life, having nobody give a fuck about her. This holiday was supposed to be one of many where I could show her how loved and appreciated she was.

Instead she was trapped somewhere with someone very dangerous.

It wasn't fucking fair.

When I got back to the house I went inside to hear everyone in the living room. I didn't care to hang out with them but as I was walking to the stairs Sam called out my name.

"Ugh." I groaned and turned to go into the room. "What?" I asked blandly as they all looked up at me.

"The girls made Christmas dinner..did you want to join us?" Sam asked as I shook my head.

"No." I said then tried to turn around. "I know this is hard, Colby." Kat said quietly. "Julia would want you to be around people you love." She said as my jaw clenched.

"No Katrina, she would want me to fucking find her. Now fuck off." I snapped as Sam clenched his jaw.

"Don't talk to her like that." He said then walked up to me.

"I know you're having a hard time but she's right. You shouldn't be alone right now." He said as I shook my head.

"I don't fucking care. I'll be upstairs." I said then turned and went towards the stairs.

I knew deep down they were right. I should have hung out with them and tried to distract myself. It was what Julia would want for me but I had so much guilt that I couldn't.

I deserved to be alone right now.

When I got up to our room I went to lay on the bed, feeling the depression eating me alive. All I wanted was a sign.