36

Vegas was fun.

It was somewhere so different than anywhere else in the world. It felt like we were carefree and like everywhere we went was safe.

It was delusional to think that way considering who I was with, but it didn't matter.

I was having so much fun.

Colby was playing some sort of card game but I couldn't be bothered to follow along. I just sat on his lap and let him play.

I had a couple drinks but I didn't want to get as drunk as I did last night. I wanted to remember tonight.

"Damn, Colby." Corey said as Colby chuckled. "I have a good hand." He said then patted my hip. "And Jules here is my good luck charm." He said as I laughed.

"I'm just sitting here, dude." I said as he shrugged. "Still a good luck charm." He said then focused on his game again.

I watched for another couple minutes before Kat and Tara came over.

"Jules! Come with us." Tara said and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of Colby's lap.

"Woah, what's going on?" I asked with concern. "We want to go shopping." Kat said innocently as I let out a breath.

I thought someone was here and that I needed to hide.

"Uh..I gotta ask Colby." I said and turned to him. "Hey, they want me to go shopping with them." I said as he hummed and turned to me.

"Who else is going?" He asked as I shrugged. "Sam, Jake, and Stas." Kat answered.

"Okay. We'll meet back at the room around 5 for dinner. Got it?" He asked as I nodded.

"Thanks." I said as he grabbed his wallet. "Here." He said and handed me one of his cards. "Oh, I'm not gonna get anything." I said as he shook his head.

"Just take it, Jules. In case you see something you want." He said as I nodded and grabbed it from him, knowing I wouldn't be using it.

"Come on!" Kat squealed then took my hand and pulled me away.

"How the hell did you get him to be so whipped?" Tara asked as I shook my head.

"I didn't. He's not whipped." I said with a shrug. "That boy has never bought anything for anyone. He gives you his card every day." Kat said and pointed to the card in my hand.

"He knows I'm not gonna use it." I said as Sam and Jake walked up to us.

"Oh, wow. You actually convinced him." Sam said with amazement. "It was easy." Kat said then took his hand.

"Where are we shopping?" I asked as we walked out of the casino and towards a shopping center.

"All the designer stores." Tara said as if I asked the most blasphemous question.

"Right." I said with a nod. "You should get something." Jake said as I shrugged. "I don't need anything." I said as we walked into the first store.

We walked around, looking at all of the stuff. Most of the things wer gaudy and kinda tacky with the designers names on it.

I never understood why someone would want those things but Katrina and Tara were amazed by everything.

We ended up going to a couple different stores before Sam got a phone call.

"Okay, yeah. We'll meet you there. No, she didn't. No, I'm not going to make her." Sam said with a laugh and looked up at me.

"Alright, man. We'll be there soon." He said then hung up. "We're meeting them at the hotel. Katrina." Sam said as Kat pouted her lip out.