Online Friend - P. H x Reader

Narrator

Pham Hanni was the ultimate girl next door. She was nice and sweet. She was top of her class. She was the leader of the cheerleading and dance teams. She was so pretty that all the boys at her school were head over heels for her, there was only one problem....

Hanni doesn't seem to know why none of the boys at her school interest her.

She was starting to think maybe there was something wrong with her until she started to crush on her online friend.

"Hey, don't shoot at me. We're on the same team!" Hanni yelled over her mic set while playing Call of Duty.

"If you were better at aiming, I wouldn't be shooting you down to prevent you from making us lose!" Her gaming buddy yelled back.

Soon enough, it was time for Hanni to go to bed.

- Hanni POV -

I woke up the next morning to have my mom yelling at me to take out the trash.

I took out the trash and noticed a new family had moved next door.

They appeared to have a kid around my age.

"That's odd.... couples with kids never move next door," I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I saw one of the seniors from my school. Soobin.

He waved at me and I waved back. He then walked over to me and greeted me.

"Hey, where does this go!" The kid I had seen before yelled.

"It goes in the garage!" He yelled back.

"I don't even know what this is!" The kid yelled again.

"Just come here and show me!" Sunbae yelled back.

The kid walked over to us and something felt familiar about them.

"Hanni, this is my dongsaeng. Y/n," He started to introduce us.

"Y/n, this is Hanni!" Sunbae told their younger sibling..

"Hanni is in the same grade as you but at my school," Sunbae said to y/n.

"Umm, okay. So where does this go?" They responded to him not even bothering to greet me.

"Umm rude," I thought to myself.

I went back into the house after catching up with sunbae for a little bit.

I turned on my PS5 and logged on hoping my gaming buddy was online.

Unlucky for me, they weren't.

A few hours went by and I noticed my buddy was finally online, playing dead space 2.

I sent them an invite to join me on Call Of Duty but they just ignored it.

I kept on hearing muffled screaming and could see from my window that my new neighbor was playing video games too.

Their yelling was starting to annoy me so I walked over to my window and yelled for them to shut up.

Y/n walked over to their window and yelled back, "You shut up!"

"You're the one yelling!" I yelled back.

"You started it!" Y/n yelled back.

"Hey, can you two shut up!" Soobin yelled from the room next to y/n's.

I went back to playing my games and noticed my buddy had finally accepted my invitation.

I cheered of happiness and put on my head set.