RIVAL - M. DN x Reader

Narrator

"Oh, C'mon roo! That was a clean tackle. Stop crying about it!" Y/n yelled as the referee blew the whistle.

The whole stadium started booing.

A free kick at such close range could allow the Australian team to tie the game.

"Really? You're resulting to unsportsmanlike conduct now?" Danielle sassed Y/n.

Y/n rolled their eyes as a yellow card came out of the referee's pocket.

- Y/N POV -

We were at the 88th minute.

I nervously watched as Marsh set up for her free kick. Sweat was dripping down my face and my jersey was sticking to my skin.

"Stay back!" The captain yelled.

If Marsh made this kick, or her team scored a goal because of my mistake, then we'd be tied. It would be our first draw of the tournament. Bringing our points down to tie with Australia.

"Marsh shots. She Scores! GOOOOAAALLLLLL!!!" The commentator cheers in excitement.

The whole stadium turned into a mess of cheers and boos. My teammates shaking their heads as the Australian team celebrates.

"Number 7 has done it again! Proving she is a force to be reckoned with!" Another commentator announced.

"Tell you what, Y/n must not be happy about giving away that goal!" The commentators start talking amongst themselves.

"No, no, no. This will definitely make for an interesting final. Y/n and Marsh going head to head for that gold!" They were trying to get all the fans in the stadium and at home pumped up for the championship game.

*PWHHEE, PWHEE*

The whistle blows for the last minute of the game and before I knew it...

The game was over.

"I didn't think she'd make that," My teammates tried to comfort me.

I sighed in frustration and changed.

This was my most important chance to prove to the world that I was one of the best rookies in the sport. It's not that I wouldn't get any other chances. It's that there's no other place than the Olympics to prove to not only football fans but to the entire world that I was the best.
I'm
The only problem was that I was tied with Danielle Marsh for that title.

"There's one more game. They might not even make it to the finals," Another teammate patted my back.

I calmed my nerves for a bit and headed over to my accommodation. I took a shower and tried to clear my head afterward, but nothing seemed to ease my anxiety.

"I'm going out," I told a teammate as I made my way out to find something to distract me.

I huffed and puffed for a bit as I tried not to be so harsh on myself for letting Marsh get such an easy goal.