Wrong Partner Pt. III - K. MJ x Reader

Narrator

While Minji was taking some time away from Gyongchalgwannim to attend therapy, Y/n and Ms. Mo had gotten a lot closer.

Minji and Gyongchalgwannim rarely talked anymore. Minji was adamant about dealing with her problems by herself. This caused Y/n to begin to think that Minji was just too scared to ask to break up.

- Jihye POV -

"Hello?! Earth to Y/n!!" I told Choi Gyongchalgwannim as I waved my hand in their face.

Y/n-ssi had been zoned out for like 15 minutes just staring at their work computer.

"Umm sorry, I was just thinking about something!" Y/n-ssi finally replied.

Gyongchalgwannim had been acting weird for a few weeks now. I had also noticed that Minji-ssi didn't come around the apartment building anymore.

Ever since Minji stopped coming around the building, I stopped hearing screaming and fighting coming from Y/n's apartment.

I was actually really happy about that.

Y/n-ssi was too good of a person to be with someone who abuses them.

"Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?" I asked now that had Gyongchalgwannim's attention.

"Sure," Y/n-ssi answered with a lifeless voice.

Soon enough, it was time to clock out. Y/n and I then headed home and I found myself getting really nervous.

I would be lying if I said I had invited Y/n-ssi to an innocent neighborly dinner.

In all honesty, I had fallen for Y/n really hard.

Ever since I first saw Gyongchalgwannim, I was intrigued. It didn't take long after that for me to realize how I was crushing on them. Now... I'm in deep.... and I have to make a move before Minji realizes what she's lost.

"Just settle down and I'll set the table," I told Y/n-ssi as we walked into my apartment.

"Actually, can I use your bathroom to wash my hands?" Y/n suddenly asked.

"Yes, down the hall to your left" I responded.

I set the table while Y/n washed their hands and soon enough, we were eating dinner.

"How's Minji-ssi?" I asked as we ate.

"Umm, I don't know. We're sort of on a break" Y/n-ssi awkwardly replied.

"Oh, okay" I awkwardly responded too.

The rest of the night was really quiet.

Y/n and I sat at the dinner table for a few hours. It was a bit awkward at first until I pulled out a bottle of wine to help us relax.

"It's getting late," I pointed out as I realized it was now 10pm.

"Do you wanna hook up tonight?" Gyongchalgwannim suddenly asked.

I was taken aback by the abrupt question... but that was what I wanted... so I answered, "Yes".

I got up from the table and then walked over to hold Y/n's hand. I led Y/n-ssi to my bedroom and it didn't take long before things got hot and messy.

- Y/N POV -

Things with Minji had been nonexistent at this point that waiting around for her made no sense.

I made it clear to Ms. Mo that I didn't want a relationship.

"Last night was just a once in a while thing," I told Jihye-ssi as we got dressed for work.

"Fine with me!" Ms. Mo replied.

"I don't need someone dictating all my moves anyway," She sassed at me as she kissed my cheek.

We gathered all our things then headed out of Ms. Mo's apartment.

Just as we walked out, I came face to face with someone I hadn't seen for a while now.

"Minji!" I exclaimed out of surprise.

"Hey, I umm.... I came to umm.... did you two have breakfast together or something?" Minji asked, looking a bit jealous.

"Actually, Y/n spent the night!" Jihye-ssi shamelessly answered.

"Bro, wtf?!" I thought to myself.

Minji took a deep breath and nodded her head with contempt.

"Fair enough. You get this one pass, just once" Minji suddenly responded.

"But don't ever touch what's mine again," She added.

Minji then grabbed my arm and began to drag me out of the building.

"You're coming with me!" Minji angrily ordered.

"Minji, I have work!" I responded as I tried to get away from her.

"No. You don't. You're coming to couples therapy with me!" Minji yelled back.

I stopped in my tracks... unsure if I heard her correctly.

"Therapy?" I asked.

"Mhm, I'll overlook whatever has been happing between you and Ms. Mo, if you overlook the fact that I've been completely absent in our relationship," Minji answered.

I was a bit confused. I didn't even know what to feel.

Minji just up and left after a huge fight then suddenly comes back without much of an explanation.

I took too long to respond so Minji began to give me the explanation I deserved.....

"I've been going to therapy.... I didn't want to keep hurting you. I don't want to hurt you ever again.... I was too embarrassed to face you after lashing out on you the way that I did... that's why I've been avoiding you since... but recently... my therapist recommended couples therapy..... I want you to have a safe space to share your frustration too... I want to hear about your frustrations.... that's why I came to get you."

I wasn't really sure what to think but I was really happy to hear that Minji had been getting the help she's been needing.

"Are we still dating?" I randomly asked.

"Yes.... if... if you'll still have me?" Minji asked in turn.

"Yes, of course. I love you so much!" I responded as I pulled Minji into a kiss.

"I love you too," Minji whispered back against my lips.

-

-

-

-

-